after u have a kid and wait for a couple of weeks then have sex is it suppose to bleed

i waited for about 4 to six weeks like my doctor told me to wait to have sex after i had my child and its bleedin agian iam i suppose to be???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• u could be starting ur period
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• you probably got your period
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I disagree... if it's only been 6 weeks since you had your baby, you really shouldn't have had a period yet. How long SPECIFICALLY did you wait? If you didn't wait the full 6 weeks like you were supposed to, then you could've dislodged a necessary blood clot. If you didn't bleed a lot I wouldn't worry about it but it'll take even more time to heal now. Also, if you didn't wait the full 6 weeks, then you didn't have your postpartum checkup, which means the doctor didn't give you the go-ahead to start having sex again. If you're still bleeding, I would call your doctor. It MIGHT be your period, I suppose, but not unless you only bled for like a week after labor. Since most women bleed longer than that, I'd assume you did too. Be careful - having sex that soon can cause major problems.
    wirelessbubbles

Answer by wirelessbubbles at 6:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I didn't bleed the first time, but my doctor did tell me that a little bleeding was normal. He also said the first time I could experience some discomfort and I did, even now sex is not what it used to be and it's almost been six weeks since my doctor gave me the green light, it's still somewhat painful. I'm not really worried though, because I read it's normal and it may be this way even for months, everyone is different. If you're bleeding is just a little spotting it's normal, if it's heavy bleeding definitely see your doctor.
    pgaytan

Answer by pgaytan at 1:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I would agree with the first two posts that you probably got your period. I know everyone is different but I've had 5 babies and gotten my period prior to or right around my 6 week check up every time.
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 1:29 AM on Jul. 19, 2009