If you were mayor of your town

If you were mayor of your town, what would you change?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Everything! The mayor of my City has filled City Hall with his highschool cronies and the City is falling apart. The schools are dirty, school lunches are filled with high fat foods, the trash collectors dump half the trash in the street and leave it there to rot, I could go on.

I'd cut all the dead weight bottom feeders from the City payroll, lower mayoral salary (he makes $150,000 a year for the lousy job he does), get rid of 50% of the "secretaries" on staff, re-vamp school lunches, get an entirely new custodial staff for the schools, stop the current trash program where we have to pay $2.00 per trash bag and put in place a different system that the next town over uses with great success ( all to promote more recycling ). Hmmm, fix the crapy streets.

I'd go on but I'm running out of charaters. LOL!
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Honestly, Santa Clara County is full of good towns. Santa Clara is a model city and county for many many programs. I wouldn't change a thing.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 6:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• If I were mayor of my town I would put a curfew in place for all those 18 and under. I would have a small police force. I would have a leash law. I would have a handyman to repair town buildings. I would have a senior citizens center. I would hold town meetings once a month. I would see to it that those in need would get all the help I could get to them. I would have a community watch to check on the elderly and disabled.

This is just wishful thinking. The town I live in has no form of government what so ever.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• For one I would put a red light at the y. It is so dangerous. you cannot see cars coming from the one direction so you have to sprint and pray across the street. Secondly I would tell the school they do not need to hike school taxes. They get enough money to run the school. Third I would tell the lovely people that want a new courthouse because the old one has no air conditioning that they live in the poorest county in the whole state and how many people do they really think have air conditioning? Suffer like them cause you ain't gonna have a new building till this one falls to the ground. Thirdly I would increase businesses here and tell the old people to suck it up the town has to grow to survive economically. Thank you thank you. I will be runnning in the next campaign please vote for me. LOL

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:46 AM on Jul. 19, 2009