Irresponsible people, what do you think they need?

I'm meaning "accidentally on purpose" irresponsible prolific breeders and criminals, what do you think they really need? Direction in their lives (to be shown the light at the end of the tunnel)?

Would you blame the town (or city) for lack of resources and the economy to their decision making?

Do you think that if there's an free education program to show the route to a better life, that people would respond?

Would you like to have something like this in your town or city?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Irresponsible people need a kick in the ass the deflate their overinflated sense of entitlement.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I think many people would support it if it wasn't coming out of their tax dollars. But society DOES need programs like this! The cycle of poverty, ignorance, crime, and lack of education MUST be broken, and I think this type of program would take steps toward that.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 5:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I think the 'prolific breeders" need to have to learn how to fend for themselves, and support their broods. NO more government assistance. You breed 'em, you feed 'em!

As for the criminals...they need to be punished and there needs to be truth in sentencing. No more "partial sentencing" or release for good behavior. There needs to be harsh consequences for them to cease and desist! The justice system is a joke for most!

The only people I blame are the people themselves. I do not blame parents, cities, schools, etc. I am all about accountability and responsibility. You make your bed...you lay in it!
    Anonymous

• i agree with the post above. my friend sister has 4 kids and is divorced, my issue with her is 3 of the 4 childern are austistic. she was told after the first one that the chances were all her kids would be, she still had 3 more and cant handle them. i think she shouldnt have had more but thats me. i feel for her kids they cant help there moms an igit
    16thmoon

Answer by 16thmoon at 5:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• What? This question is silly. It seems you're implying all irresponsible people don't have resources and they need public assistance.

Yes, there are environmental factors that come into play when there's a lot of crime in one area. Many criminals may not become criminals if they were brought up in a different locale.

But there's plenty of irresponsible people that were given all they could have Wanted (more than Needed) to be well rounded and successful. These people would be beyond the radar of public assistance anyway.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 5:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• 16thmoon.....maybe the MOM is also autistic? They are often seen as irresponsible when they actually are not...it's just harder for them to do the simple things you take for granted.

As I say with most judgmental posts about punishing those we don't understand....how about we just keep out thoughts to ourselves?
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• In Portugal there was once a big shanty town area outside of Lisbon.

The government decided to do build some houses for them. These weren't just nasty project houses, they were bigger and nicer than most of the homes in Lisbon.

I spent some time visiting this neighborhood about 5 years after it was built. You could still tell that he construction of the homes were really nice, but there were broken window and graffiti everywhere. There was drugs and drunkards lolling around, and the police were often there.

I contrasted that with an old woman's home in a nearby town. It was very poor construction, with bad roof leaks. But she always had per porch swept, grew a lovely little garden, and her kitchen had towels that she had hand embroidered. You felt peace just being there.

The difference is the woman had worked for everything she had. And people value and treat well what they have to work for....
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• ...and hand-outs get disrespected and mistreated.

I know that not everyone is physically and mentally capable of working, but for those who can, working at something (be it a job, or their education) is really what's best.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I was just musing to myself about the micro-loan program that's been very successful in India to get people out of poverty - I wonder if and how that would work here.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

-------
    Wow, judgmental much? Doctors can be wrong sometimes. You wouldn't believe the bullshit the doctors told me about my children and they are all healthy and fine since birth. Maybe she had faith that with each child, they wouldn't turn out to be autistic.
    Anonymous