House panel votes $500 trillion dollar tax increase..Any reporting on this??

...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• Its what we have been saying regarding the healthcare bill. This is just a piece of it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Which is a mere pittance as we have a gazillion at our disposal.

Hallelujah.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 5:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Folks, I hope you love the change.....that's the change in your bank account because it is about to go down, down, down.....
    Anonymous

• I thought this quote from the article says it all.  A cut & paste accusation will be worth it!

Say this about the 1,018-page health-care bill that House Democrats unveiled this week and that President Obama heartily endorsed: It finally reveals at least some of the price of the reckless ambitions of our current government. With huge majorities and a President in a rush to outrun the declining popularity of his agenda, Democrats are bidding to impose an unrepealable European-style welfare state in a matter of weeks.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• it's only passed in committee so far. I'm going to do all I can- write my congressmen.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• i particularly enjoyed the part that suggest when the rich find loop holes, they will come after the middle class (which i have noticed are becoming poorer everyday) to pay when the money fails to come in.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 7:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I am scared because I have read about the healthcare in these other countries that he is trying to model after. I do not like the idea of waiting to see my doctor for up to 9 months!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I didn't hear or see anything about this either through word of mouth, the various news channels, or the newspaper. I watch c-span everyday and didn't see a thing there either. But, it is only common sense that everybody will have taxes increased to pay for all the spending including the healthcare reform bill. Just simple math. It is not possible for just the rich or middle class to foot the bill for all of the spending in DC. Just not going to happen.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2009