freeze formula?

gerber told me i shouldnt, but if i freeze formula will it go bad? will it harm my baby if i give her previously frozen formula?

abbysmomma12

Asked by abbysmomma12 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well... if it's formula - you really shouldn't. It's not bad - as long as it hasn't been there in forever, however, the main point is that the nutrients won't be there. Why would you freeze formula?????

I know you can with breast milk - when my son was in the NICU for 3 months, I was able to freeze my expressed breast milk and bring it to the hospital the next day.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Hmmm, interesting question. I don't know. I think you can freeze breast milk and I would imagine you could freeze formula but I just don't know. Ask the pediatrician, they should be able to tell you.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Formula is not sterile and when mixed it can cause bacteria to grow...according to formula companies its not a health risk but in my opinion why risk it. Freezing it seperates the fats in the formula and causes the texture to change, it won't be smooth it'll be chunky.
    http://www.ehow.com/facts_5003845_can-freeze-infant-formula.html

tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2009