Teething colds?

My daughter is 5 months and last week she had a fever of 100.4 and a rash from her head to her toes. This week no fever and the rash is almost gone but she sounds like she has a sore throat.
Well last Sat I ended taking her to the doc (not her normal one, but the same office). He said the rash and everything was just a cold and told me not to give her anything. This week I called in when I noticed her voice and got ahold of her normal doctor, he said everything is prob from teething (just like grandma said).
She doesn't scream but has every other symptom, did anyone else have anything like this?

HolliBerry21

Asked by HolliBerry21 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes my son was teething, we noticed fluid leaking from his ears. he got a duel ear infection. his 3rd. but my bfs daughter use to get bad rashes on her back and legs and the runs when she was teething.
    16thmoon

Answer by 16thmoon at 6:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Wow, that's so strange...
    My son has never had problems while teething - the only pain in the butt thing is that he drools excessively with those teeth coming in... So I really couldn't tell you!
    However, I do know that babies do have a hard time with teeth coming in - fever and vomiting, and of course, crankiness - but I have never heard of a rash.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2009