Is my baby lazy?

My little baby used to be able to stand on his legs (me supporting him) for quite a while. For the past three days I have noticed that he will not do this anymore. When I hold him up, his legs just buckle. My husband says he's just lazy. Is this normal? Could he just be lazy? I put him in his walker everyday and he hasn't taken steps on it but he stays in it for a while. He also scoots and is starting to crawl already.

Miss-Baby-Baker

Asked by Miss-Baby-Baker at 6:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe it's just not as exciting to him anymore and he would rather be down exploring.
    Anonymous

• How old is your baby?
    I guess my thinking a baby can be lazy as much as it can be spoiled. I don't think babies can be either. Your DH is projecting his own issues onto a baby. Silly!!!!!
    Perhaps standing is too much stress for your LO's legs. I wouldn't fret about it and I wouldn't force your LO to stand. Let him be and it will all work itself out.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 6:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• If he's starting to crawl, this could be his way of saying MOM PUT ME DOWN! Let me explore! Haha my ds stood early (with my support) also, but when he started crawling, it's all he wanted to do!
    wirelessbubbles

Answer by wirelessbubbles at 6:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• To answer someone's question, he is almost 6 months old.

Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 6:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• OMG!!!! BABIES CAN NOT BE LAZY!!!!! BABIES DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF BEING LAZY!!!! You should buy a book or borrow one from the library about taking care of a baby. There are tons of books out there that tell you by what age they should be holding their head up, crawling, walking, ect.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• At 6 months of age his legs are not strong enough to hold him. Stop pushing him. Please buy some basic child development books, or get some advice from your baby's doctor.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• A baby can't be lazy. It may look simple to you. But every single thing they do everyday is a challenge and learning opportunity. There's nothing wrong with him.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 8:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Babies don't know how to be lazy nor do little kids for that matter, uninterested, bored or has other activies yes. I bet he isn't interested anymore. He doesn't have goals of walking or anything else. He just wants to see and do what makes him happy. THat is all. Give him room to move and watch him go. In no time he will be running circles around you.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:53 AM on Jul. 19, 2009