What is love to you?

Besides 1st Corinthians 13.

Not what ISNT love. What IS love?

Sandiii

Asked by Sandiii at 6:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Love is wanting to be with someone even when it doesn't make sense, or they annoy you, or you annoy them. Love is accepting all their faults and flaws, and knowing that they accept all of yours. It's being willing to compromise and give in sometimes, and being able to stand up for what you think without worrying that they will leave you over it. Love is being comfortable with that person, so comfortable that you can completely be yourself without putting up any pretense at all. Love is knowing that even though you COULD live without that person, you'd never want to. I could go on, but I think you get the point.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Thanks for the answers so far! I thought this would be a nice reminder and thing to talk about for everyone. Maybe some examples of love?

love to me is Sunday mornings when it rains so our daughter sleeps in and getting to lay in bed and cuddle with my husband.
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 7:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• a four letter word, imo

Answer by admckenzie at 8:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• when you accept someone for everything they are ..even when the clipped toenails dont make it to the trash,.when hes annoyed me to my breaking point but then i just laugh,..when you send him to the store for shampoo AND conditioner and he comes home with 2 shampoos..but you just laugh...:) also more serious its when you cant bear to be without him in your life,.when ive looked else where but its makes no sense because i just compare the new guy to him. that is love.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 8:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Love to me is physical touch (affection and sex), nice words, doing nice things, spending time together making memories and wanting to be right there more than anything.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• love means never having to say your are sorry---- (sorry I could not resist adding that)
    Anonymous

• Children aged 4 to 8 were asked "What does 'love' mean. These are allegedly some selected responses.

"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth."
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."

"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs."

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."

"Love is when my mummy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to ma
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 12:32 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• "When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."

this made me weak:)awe.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 12:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Love is where your over the sinking puking and he pulls back your hair.
    Love is where you can forget about being romantic and watch that person go to the bathroom.
    Love is being able to be there no matter what.

Love is to me is so many things, it's more then just a word. It's about getting through anything and being stronger when you come out of the storm.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2009