1 year and and lactose..... PLEASE HELP

My DD has been on milk for about 2 months now, she is 13 months almost 14 months. When she was born she was on similac and had a very hard poop and we switched to good start and she was fine until abour 2 months ago. Ever since starting milk she has had he extremely hard poop an literally screams when she is attempting to go. She will lay on her belly, all stretched out, face in the carpet and just scream until its out. We have tried prune juice, cherries, suppositories (which do work but i have to fight to get it in because her bum hurts and i have to catch her when shes about to go).... ive tried cutting out pasta and cheese, ive talked to her doctor and she doesnt seem to think its a big deal. Im at a loss and dont know what to do. I gave her lactose free milk today and im not sure if its just by flute but she pooped twice within 2 hours... before that this would have been the 4th day she hadnt pooped. cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter had issues with cows milk too. I switched her to soy milk. It has more calcium, more vitamin D, no growth hormones and you can buy the kind enriched with omega 3s and DHA. Plus, they have a variety of flavored soy milks (vanilla, chocolate, etc....just watch sugar content!) and you can get the drink boxes that do not require refrigeration - great for on the go! Now that I've done the research, I'd almost prefer her to be on the Soy Milk. I still offer her cows milk once a day and give her dairy products such as cheese and yogurt. The Soy Milk really helps loosen things up though...my daughter goes poo between 3-5 times a day with no issues at all.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Is it okay to be giving her the lactose free milk?
    Anonymous

• Sorry for so many mistakes in this question.... my minds not all here
    Anonymous

• it is fine to give lactose free milk. mine son gets zero milk products at all since he is allergic. (he's not lactose intolerant, he's allergic to milk protein). No lactose for him all all.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 7:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2009