is it bad if i take the birthcontrol pill 30 or 40 minutes after the time i'm supposed to take it?

i just always forget and end up taking the pill after 30 or 37 minutes

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 6:57 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no it wont hurt you... and it will still work the same
    Anonymous

• No. My OB said that you have a 2 hour window from the time you originally started taking it. So if you take it every morning at 8, it's ok if you take it anywhere from 6-10.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• thank you!! i just dont want another baby now lol my lil girl will be 2 months this monday
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 7:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• See when I took the pill I was told if you miss it by one hour it could drop its effectiveness to 70% so I set an alarm on my phone and ended up only being on it for 6 months. However; my cousin never took it at the same time and I don't think she got pregnant on it.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2009