how did you guys feel when you took your child for the first time to kindergarden?

did you cry? i have a 2 month old and the first one and i'm just wondering what is it gonna be like for me to let go of my baby for some hours at school.

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 7:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in

• I cried and cried the first week, maybe 2 weeks. I was also 7 months pregnant and a little emotional anyway. It was really hard tho.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 7:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I only have 2 and their almost 7yrs apart so when my oldest went to Pre-K I was all set for her not to be up for being there and having difficulty adjusting, so I took the morning off and everything to spend time with her letting her know it was gonna be okay and that Grandma would be right outside this afternoon when the bell rang and how mommy & daddy would hear all about her day when we got in from work. Needless-to-say, she did fine - so fine in fact that I was left with nothing but time on my hands cuz when I dropped her off and after meeting her teacher and a few of the other parents and their kids my daughter was a champ. I don't know why I cried more cuz my baby was growing up or cuz my baby was growing up and didn't seem to need mommy as much as I wanted her too.

Now, that our youngest is heading off to Pre-K this year I can't wait to throw her behind out - I think I might slow down open the door and yell...
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:49 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• tuck and roll Madi! hahahaha No, just kidding (or am I?) This little girl is something else! Hubby, myself and Grandma (cuz she watches our kids while we work) are hoping that Pre-K will help calm her down a bit. She's very active and talkative. She interacts well with other adults and kids but at home she is just so ACTIVE! So we're looking forward to snapping that first picture of her on her way out to school and meeting her teacher and the other parents & their kids, giving her a hug and telling her that Grandma will be right outside when the bell rings in the afternoon, racing home after work to hear how both of our girls first days where. :-)
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• My oldest just started K last week. I was proud and nervous for him. I cried a little just because he is growing up. He is enjoying his time @ school. I was worried that he would be bratty and stubborn about learning like he is with us. He is doing just fine.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I didn't cry at all. I was super excited and couldn't wait for the first day for each of them. The hardest was with my son but only because he was very close with his baby sister. When he started kindergarten our youngest was almost 17 months and she screamed the whole way home wanting her brother. And she spend the next 4 days wandering around the house looking for him, calling his name. It about broke my heart. That was a couple years ago. I've got one left to go but she doesn't start kindergarten for another 2 years.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:53 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i was ok w/ it by the time my dd went to kindergarten, by that time she had already been going to school for her 3yr old program & then pre-k. i cried the 1st 2 times even though it was only half day back then.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 2:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I was excited when my oldest started preschool, but kindergarten felt more like 'real' school. I didn't cry, but I did get a bit teary eyed. My youngest is starting Kindy next month and I am probably going to actually have real tears, lol. Nothing makes you feel like your babies are growing up like having them both in school.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I was ok the first day of kindergarten with my oldest child. I was nervous but didn't cry or get emotional. Our school district has set rules where a parent must be with a kindergarten child the 1st day of school. (9 am to 1pm) So I couldn't cry in front of all those ppl. Now the 2nd day of kindergarten, I cried like a baby! That was the 1st full day for my child and I couldn't wait for 3:30 to get here. lol I was a cry baby for the 1st week of school.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 3:17 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I cried with my daughter (i still do when i drop her off on the first day) just because shes growing up so fast and I remember bringing her home, and Ill probably cry when i drop hellboy off at school this year only because ill be so relieved i can finally take a breath (not really) ill be sad cause my babies arent babies anymore! :(
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:11 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Oh I definitely cried the first couple of days of school! I couldn't believe that my small little boy who was still in a car seat was getting on a big school bus by himself! He could barely step up the stairs by himself!! LOL Then after a few days it became sort of fun for me. I loved seeing him all excited and bringing home his schoolwork. Now, he's in 4th grade and I'm counting the days until he goes back!! LOL
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 11:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2009