When should i take my dd off of the bottle?!

She is almost 6 months!

cindyodopson

Asked by cindyodopson at 8:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you want to start now, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. There are sippies made for 6mo+ that have soft mouth pieces and things. We put water in one and just let Kaylee have it throughout the day. This is also gives you plenty of time to go through different brands to find which one she likes. (Just a tip - Kaylee just played with the ones that have handles, but the ones without she used right away)

Good Luck!!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I have always heard at around 12 months
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I think generally 1 year is a standard age. My son was 14 mos when we really said "no more" but he still gets one right before bed. I think age 3 is when the drs start getting concerned it will effect dental development.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• so okay.. hehe.. im still confused.. when is the "best" time to do it ?!?
    cindyodopson

Answer by cindyodopson at 8:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• my little one started pushing her nipple down in the botle and spilling it every were. u will know when its time. ur baby will prob bite holes in the nipples.thats when its time to give it up
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• The best time....well, like everything else, that depends on what is right for you and your child.

The recommended time is 12 months old.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• The best time is as soon as possible to avoid dental problems. I took DD off the pacifier as soon as I noticed teeth coming in.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 8:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2009