• In the Spotlight:

Do you like the Duggers?

It annoys me that these people are popping out kids left and right. It's great how they have no debt and she home schools all these kids but my goodness. Look how many kids need homes and families and they world is over populated already... If they want that many kids why don't they adopt. And it bugs me that people look up to the and treat them like celebrities because they have a buttload of kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Entertainment

• I love the Duggars!
    I don't just love them because they have 18 kids (and no their religion doesn't say they can't use BC they just choose not to and will accept having more because they feel like children are gifts from God) but I love how they don't let the world around them influence how they raise their family and the aren't afraid to say they love God and not ashamed to let the tv audience know it! It's gotten to the point where you aren't allowed to show your faith anywhere now-a-days; whether it's on tv, in school, anywhere public. People feel like because you say your a Christian that you're gonna automatically start shoving your beliefs down their throats.

Not to mention, their fun in a wholesome and clean way. Remember what that's like? People look at you like you're nuts if you tell them you don't watch 10hrs of tv a day or stay forever on the internet. You're marked as a freak like many see them. I luv em
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I do not know them, so unable to form an opinion. But I do know that the reason they continue to have children is because of their religious beliefs. Their religion does not condone the use of birth control.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I really dont think that is they way to think about it. It is their choice and their belief in God that they have as many children as they do. I mean have to adopted instead of having children naturally? The only thing that annoys me is that she is always calm! I think I would go crazy!

mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I dont care about how many kids they have but they are just not entertaining to me...they just have a bunch of kids...its like watching a daycare on TV so I obviously dont watch it anymore but I saw 1 episode a while back and never saw another one.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Yes, I am very annoyed.

First - This sets a bad example for other people to follow suit . People are not meant to be commodity (whether in the secular or the religious realm) of economy of numbers. We don't all own farms, and welfare (tv money also) is not the answer. Think Octomom! Which leads into reason two.

Reason two - If the religion is so correct, then the reason should match the current mindset to convert people, not to make more people. Heaven wasn't won by carpenters, but by warriors.
    Anonymous

• I  love the Dugger family.  I admire them at being able to  go on T.V. and show everyone what it is like to have a big family, and to show that God is a very big part of there lives.  I watch every show that I can.   My sister has adopted 3 children and it was not that easy.  Her and her husband tried for years to have kids of there own. God blessed them with two adopted daughters and an adopted son.  It was a long and costly time for them.

K.D.J.

Answer by K.D.J. at 8:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I hate big families.

One time there was a large family in a Chinese restaurant. (The family was white American.) The parents both ordered a meal while the kids (12 in number) ate the "free" egg drop soup. I tattled to the restaurant management that the soup was being eaten too quickly by one family. The management went to the parents of the large family and ordered them to pay for each kid, one meal. This meant fourteen full meals! Yes, the family thought that they were feeding their family on a deal, but wound up with a shattered financial budget for the month! (I over heard them whining!!) I laughed all the way home. This was two years ago, and the thought still pleasures me.
    Anonymous

• If you hate big families you will not like them. They are "Celebrities" because people watch them and make it profitable for sponsers to put them on television. When people don't watch they will not be on. Even their big brood will not equal the thousands of abortions that are taking place. The kids are respectful and have helped build a home and are taking care of themselves. While I am a Christian, this lifestyle is not for me. I admire the family for living what they believe even though people ridicule. We can use some people with common sense out here in the world. Maybe even some could come here to California. We have a hard time finding people that can balance a budget and take care of our folks here. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 9:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Many Californian families will finally meet their justice (and unfortunately their kids too) by spending too much money unnecessarily. But I don't rule the Duggars any better. It's all about responsibility of the world around us. With both the Californians and the Duggars, bad habits follow through generation after generation until it's stopped.
    Anonymous

• I'm definitely entertained by them, but I watch their show and look for the smallest sign of the kids being "normal". Like the boys running wild through the thrift store or when one of the girls called someone a "weirdo".

Some of the Dugger kids have more "spunk" than their brothers and sisters. I can't keep their names straight but there is one boy (probably about 10) and one teen girl that are just a little more onery than the rest of the bunch.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 10:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2009