How do I find someone placing their child for adoption?

We are hoping to find a family needing to place a baby through school aged child for adoption. All special needs and races are fine. We are paper-ready and have a great attorney. We would love to chat with you. We have an online profile I can share with you if you email us. Thanks and take care.

Adoption4Us

Asked by Adoption4Us at 8:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Adoption

• you can try catholic charities, they deal with mothers who want to give up there childern or they can direct you too some one to help
    neetsie919

Answer by neetsie919 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Instead of looking for someone who feels desperate enough to consider placing their child(ren) for adoption, I suggest that you look for children who already need homes...mainly children in foster care.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 12:10 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I agree Southernroots, adoption is about a CHILD whom NEEDS parents, not a couple whom needs a child. I commend you OP, for you are open to children of older ages, this will definately help you with finding a child or children whom NEED you, and your family. Blessings, C.J.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i pray that you use the state forster care system. I will tell you that they are the most in need for a home. these kids have went from home to home and some my have issues and if they just had a real home with real parents . i hope you find a wonderful child to fit your heart and home. Good luck.
    bamamom2212

Answer by bamamom2212 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Seems like an odd question. I should have thought that if you are willng to take a special needs school aged child of any race there are plenty in Foster Care that are dreaming of being adopted. I wonder if your attorney isn't keeping you from talking to CPS so that he can make money.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I agree with Onethentwins: if you truly are not caring about race or age, foster care should be a good option for you.

What do you mean by School aged though. If you are stopping you age search at 5 yr old you are in the same boat as thousands of other couples who are waiting. Healthy Children under 5 are hard to find no matter what race.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I guess there are 2 sides of it....finding someone desperate to place a child DOES keep them out of the system. One of our children was in that situation and her family is so happy that this child is now with us and not going from one foster home to another.

The reason we don't want to do foster care is that a close friend of mine does it and when it is time for the child to leave, it breaks her heart each and every time. I just don't have it in me to let go like that. We are trying to adopt legally free children through many of the state websites, however. I'm waiting to hear back about 2 kids we sent our home study in for right now.

As far as the question about school-aged, I am trying to stick to birth order. You can research this online...it is generally advisable to do so as it maintains each child's position in the family.

So, any more questions? I'm happy to answer them.
    Adoption4Us

Answer by Adoption4Us at 3:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I don't know what state you live in but my husband and I live in GA and we are on a foster-to-adopt program which means that they dont call us unless the children fit our criteria (age ect.) and that they are what they call legal risk or their parental rights have already been terminated. Sometimes you may have to give them back, but in most cases you get to adopt them and the cost is way cheaper than agency adoption.
    CAKE_MOM

Answer by CAKE_MOM at 6:37 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• gl and best wishes
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2010