I think my 4yr old swallowed a penny.

I caught him with several in his mouth and he made a gaging sound like he may have swallowed one.He seems fine now,but should i be worried about it hurting him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i myself would call emergency room to be sure about not a problem with what the penney is made of, then i would give him or her prune juice or apple juice to help movr his bowels and ck the stools toi see if they pass it.
    neetsie919

Answer by neetsie919 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• um yeah... I would be taking him to the ER to have him checked out just in case.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I've got 4 little ones - so, seriously, nothing surprises me these days. I'd say wait and watch the poop to see if it comes out. If he starts to have problems, obviously go to the doc...but they can't do anything it you don'tknow for sure, and a penny is not going to harm them in the long run.
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I have a framed x ray of my daughter's tummy with two pennies in it. As long as he is acting fine then he will be alright.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2009