Moms who had/have 2 kids under 2

What was the most difficult thing?

What was the easiest thing?

Would you recommend it to anyone?

Any advice you can give?

I have a 10 1/2 month old and we're thinking of trying for #2 in September. It took us 3 years for our first, so just in case it takes that long again, we want to start now. However, knowing my luck, we will conceive in September. =)

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our 2 youngest are 13 months apart (irish twins,lol) Anyway I was a bit overwhelmed at first but I wouldn't change a thing now. They're 5 and 6 and best buddies!!
    The most difficult thing I think was making sure as babies that they both got equal attention. The easiest thing was the love my 13 month old gave his baby brother because he didn't know how to be jealous of the new baby, he was too young. They don't know life without the other and that to me is priceless. Do whats in your heart, if it's meant to be it will happen. Good luck!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Well I'm new at it really. My younger two are 13 months and 1 week apart. Our youngest wasn't planned. I can't say I would recommend it to anyone. My SIL and I both agree on this. Her kids are 11 months apart. It's difficult, but it gets better. My younger two are 17 months and 4 months, my nephew is 7 and my niece is 6. My niece and nephew are great friends, and mine seem to be starting out great. However your children would already have a big age difference from our kids. The easiest thing is getting their schedules in sync. The most difficult is shopping. For grocery shopping I have big girl walk, little girl in the basket, and wear baby. Luckily big girl is old enough to help with little things.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 9:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• My boys are 13 months apart. I absolutely love it. The best part - the friendship that they already have. They are now 1 1/2 and 2 1/2. The most difficult was just the beginning and the normal schedule getting put in order. I would say around the time my youngest was 3 to 4 months things really calmed down and didn't seem as crazy. I would also say that my oldest made it really easy because he is very laid back and was never really clingy. I would recommend having kids close in age. I absolutely love it. Advice I would give is, once you have schedule don't worry about being stuck to it. We pretty much do the same things in the same order everyday but I don't watch the clock. They basically know what to expect is coming next even though it may not happen at the exact time every day.
    Anonymous

• Well I have to be honest, on any other day I would have said that it is wonderful that I am so glad they are close together but today was so horrific..I don't know how many times I had to sit down, breath, and count to 10. But really, I love my children. I got pregnant with my son when my daughter was 6 months old. Both of my children were very unplanned. My second was conceived while I was still nursing and on birth control! I guess one of the hardest things is doing it alone when my husband is working. Getting them in and out of the cars. Mediating who gets to sit in the shopping cart seat. If we only have room for a single stroller deciding who gets to ride. My daughter is starting to hit and push which is also hard but my son is starting to stick up for himself. I can't really say any extremely easy things that have come out of this but I am glad I did it! I love being a mom and the fact I am allowed to do it twice is rad!
    lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 9:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• My friend had triplets and on their 2nd birthday, mom gave birth a few days later to a baby girl. All she can say is accept any help offered.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Hi there, I have a 5&6 year old that are 15 months apart and I have a 4 month old and 1 year old that are 13 months apart so I've done this twice =) I also have a 9 year old... all girls BTW, 5 daughters!

Both times were unplanned for me and this is definitely a personal choice that has it's pros and cons. It is definitely not easy in the beginning but it does get easier with each passing day. My 4m old and 1 y/o are are a dream, they are both exceptionally good babies and my 1 y/o adores the new one.

With my older two... the younger of that set had horrible colic (I mean really horrible) and it was awful for a good year especially because I felt like the older of that set missed out on some baby time with me because I was so preoccupied and flustered by the colicky one.

Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 1:26 AM on Jul. 19, 2009