Did you find out the sex of your baby?

I did with my son, but I'm not with this pregnancy. I'm actually surprised with how much patience I have this time around. My ultrasound is in a few days and I honestly don't have any urge to find out until my child's birth.

So what about you did you find out? Or are you going to find out?

LucasMama08

Asked by LucasMama08 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• With our first, the DH was very adament about NOT finding out. He said at least for the first baby, let's be surprised. So we didn't find out and like you, it was actually not difficult at all to wait. When we had him the feeling after hearing "IT'S A BOY!" was so unbelieveable and awesome that I wanted to experience that again. So with our second baby, it was MY idea to wait to find out the sex. And again, it was absolutely amazing and so exciting to hear, "IT'S A GIRL!!!" If we have any more children, I will ABSOLUTELY wait to find out the gender. The experience is more that I can describe!
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 12:48 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• this is my first and I wanted to know right away, Im impatient...LOL
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• This is my first and I found out, too.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Thats how I was with Lucas, If I could have found out the same day I found out I was pregnant I would have lol.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Both DF and I wanted to know. He was pretty damn sure it was a girl, but I told him no it was a boy because I said so. Lo and behold there was my little man on the screen :]! I want a few more kids and I want at least one of them to be a surprise but DF wants to know and I hate to be left out LOL so I'm going to end up knowing every single one.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 9:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I found out with both of mine but I already knew before the ultrasound.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I wanted to know immediately. I'm a big planner on parenting issues. I wanted to know right away what to buy, expect, name, etc. I was very pleased to find out she was a girl =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• As sick as I was, I knew my baby had to be a boy. Yup, I was right. Plus, I believe in dreams. He came to me in a dream.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 9:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I found out with both of mine. I am too impatient not to! Mostly because I wanted a boy first, and then a girl (I dunno, I am just weird like that!)...but it worked out the other way around.

When (if) I have another, I am going to let it be a surprise. Unless it's multiples...if they are the same sex, then we won't find out which they are, if not, well then, we'll know (with twins, obviously that would give it away, I know!)
    CariadSpawn

Answer by CariadSpawn at 9:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• We tried very hard to find out the sex of DD. But she wasnt having it! Im now glad we didnt find out & I wont try to figure out with #2 when we get pregnant.
    When the dr. announced "its a girl" it was an amazing feeling! And then when I was able to say her name for the first time & know it WAS really going to be HER name.. It was just made everything even extra special...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2009