WORKING FROM HOME? BUNCH OF B.S.??????

So I am a newly single mother and I have no babysitter. I am still in school so I will not be able to make enough money to pay a day care, so my options are to finish school and work part time on the weekends. Well, I was searching through my local newspapers online job search and alllll I could find were ads like :Work part time/from home/300+ a day. Etc. Etc. Etc. Does anyone have any experience and know if these types of work from home jobs could be valid???There is no way in this economy that this makes sense to me. That i could simply take surveys from home and make 100 + a week or day or whatever the offer is. I am so confused bc I cannot find a trustworthy place to job search online and I think with the economy so bad in michigan ppl are desperate and scamming like crazy online. Anyone have any advice? Literally NOTHING is hiring right now. All I come across are these crazy work from home programs!! ugh.

soveryconfused

Asked by soveryconfused at 9:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• m-avi

There are alot of great ideas that I have put together in my work at home article series.   They are all listed in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Articles

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• a lot of it is BS. the "mail out burgler alarms" ad I see often, well you only get paid if the businesses you mail them to actually sign up for it, but I would think they'd consider it junk mail and throw it out... I'll tell ya though, Convergy's is valid. They are located in many areas, and mostly handle Directv. The one in my area trains CSR's to handle incoming calls and help custoomers with billing, general technical support...etc. They just recently offered work at home positions. only thing is you'd have to go to the jobsite for 2 weeks of training 7 hours a day, and you'd have to but the program to install on your computer. you'd also have to stay at your computer your whole shift and cant just get up and care for a crying baby in the middle of a call...but they have great benefits and pay well.... if there are any media-based offices in your area, see if they have any telecommunication positions open!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• aah sorry bad speller... lemme edit, that after "7 hours a day..." you'd have to BUY the program...not BUT the program lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Hey I am so sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. I am have my own business with Ameriplan. It is a great opportunity if you can give at least 10 hours and because it is your own business you aren't going to get rich overnight, you have to work at it and build it at first.

A great Place for you to look is WAHM.com it is a forum for moms who work at home or want to work at home. There are tons of great leads for both JOBS and Business opps on there and everyone is super helpful.
    Hope this helps you out some :) Good Luck girl and God Bless!!
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 10:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I know how you feel, jobs are very hard to find where I live also. I have some online jobs that you might want to check out, I know they're legit because I use them before I list them. Free Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Well I know several ppl who were scammed from cash crate...I guess I can't trust anyone on here either.Oh well I will go get a real job somehow.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Well it depends if your looking for work at home jobs or starting a business. There are many different companies that you could join up and sell their products or like the previous posters have said their are work at home jobs but you have to look in the right places for them. Envelope stuffing, is still a scam so stay away from that, and assembling anything has scam written all over it. There are several groups on here that are specifically for work at home jobs or if you prefer selling a certain product their are special groups for that too. You can definitely make money at home you really have to work hard at it though. I just signed with Iggly Biggly which is a flipflop sandal company and it's going really great for only being in it a couple weeks I really love it. If you'd like to check out my site it's

www.igglybigglybiz-13.weebly.com

or e-mail me at dtmom13@hotmail.com

Aimee
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• If you are interested in a legitimate work at home opportunity you should check out www.workathomeunited.com/heathers and fill out the form and you can hear all of the details and decide from there. This is not a get rich quick scheme but the time and effort that you put into it, it will pay off. This is a legit company and I have been scammed by cash crate so that is NOT the way to go!!! I am glad I found work at home united but just check it out and then we can go from there!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I have some great ideas on my blog. tarasextraincome.blogspot.com

I also have a full time work from home job to research it you can go to http://www.iboplus.com/tcarter
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Don't ya just love the fact that when you're a mom and the chips are down there's still ppl trying to scam you? NO ONE can do it all, and any one with kids already works AT HOME. I'm sorry things are so rough on you right now and even though it's hard I would try to get as much help with the kiddos you possibly can through your existing support network; ie. parents, siblings, so on. Even if you could work at home it's pretty much impossible unless you have someone else to watch the kids. I think those "stay at home" jobs are gimmicks.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2009