the color changed,b/c his gender changed

I bought a car seat the was for a little boy but then I found out Im having a little girl,
do ya'll know a website where I can get a free pattern for an infant car seat cover.
I'm thinking something like this
http://teacupsandtadpoles.com/osCommerce1/catalog/images/baby_Lucynollie.jpg

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My daughter had a very gender neutral car seat. It was a plaid design by Eddie Bauer. We did that because she hid during all of the ultra sounds so we didn't know what she was.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• yea but I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find a free car seat pattern
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Have you gone to the manufacturer's website to see about buying a replacement? Then you can keep the boyish one and have either when she grows out of it and you sell it.

I have no idea where you would get a pattern. You could take the cover that came with it apart and use it as a pattern.

If you go that route, to make it fluffy and comfy, make two of each piece, a front and a back. You could choose two coordinating fabrics so it is reversible. Anyway, when you have pieced the front and the back, pin them right sides together and a piece of fluffy batting on top. Sew them together leaving an opening for turning. Turn it and sew the opening closed. Then you will have to make an opening for the straps. Use a buttonhole stich to cover the egdes of the holes you made for the straps. You can also quilt pretty designs on it. Use pretty thread.

I have never done this before, but I sew and quilt a lot so this is my best idea.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:48 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• PM me if you need any more advice.
    casperskitty

• Definately check the manufacturer's website. You can usually get a replacement in a different color for pretty cheap.
    Taviesmommy

Answer by Taviesmommy at 5:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2009