WELL I AM SO IN LOVE WITH MY HUSBAND SOOOOOO MUCH BUT DANG WHEN HE COMES HOME FROM WORK HE IS SUCH A GROUCHY! YES I DO UNDERSTAND WORKING IN THE SUN WILL WERE YOU OUT! BUT I AM NOT EVEN SUPPOSE TO SAY ANYTHING! NOT EVEN HOW WAS YOUR DAY? OR TELL HIM HOW MY DAY WENT HE GETS IN AN ATTITUDE MODE STARTS FIGHTS THEN TURNS IT AROUND AND BLAMES IT ON ME! I AM AT MY WITTS END HE DOENS;T LIKE WHEN I TALK! THEN GET'S AN ATTITUDE WHEN I AM TOO QUITE! I CAN'T WIN FOR LOSING! HE STARTS THE ARGUEMENTS AND TUR

WHAT WOULD YA'LL DO IF YOUR MAN ACTED THIS WAY!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• When he is rested and approachable, tell him you want him to feel welcome, relaxed and able to shake off any negative feelings from the job. Ask him what you can do or say or how he thinks that could best be accomplished. Alot of men appreciate some quiet time when they first get home, supper and then they are ready for some conversation and family time. I am not saying that is good, just that it's like that for some guys and worth the effort to make it happen. But, ask him, don't take my word for it, and see what he says. I hope that will help open him up and give you some good time with him after his long day.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My DH is like that too sometimes. He told me once that he needs like 10-15 minutes to "wind down" when he gets home before I start telling him about my day or asking him a bunch of questions. When he comes home, just say "Hi" and maybe give him a kiss, then just keep doing whatever you were doing. Let him shower or get a drink or whatever. Don't act like you don't care, but give him a little room to breathe & let off some of his frustration... then maybe he'll approach you more lovingly when he's ready.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Men need some quiet time when they get home. Give him time to chill out and relax a bit before having a lot of conversation with them. They just need to decompress. I know this can be tough for us, because it is opposite of our feminine nature. Just make sure to talk to him once he has settled.
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2008