Can this actually happen?

My mom was telling me a story about a her bestfriend in high school. My mom had asked her, after spending the whole summer living at her friends house, if she was pregnant. She had noticed that 3 months had gone by and her friend never used a tampon or pad, or complained about pms or any of that. The girl told my mom that she had seen a doctor and they did a lot of tests to see why she hadnt been getting her period. And apparently they did an ultra sound, and found 2 unborn babies in her falopian tubes. Now she saw the doctor 2 months after my mom had asked her this...so that would mean those babies were in there for like 5 months. Is this possible? The girl didnt even know, she never felt pregnant or anything. Home tests came back negative. She felt fine. She just wasn getting her period.

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Weird. I didn't think that was possible. Did she end up having a surgery?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• it is possible. there was an article of this older woman who had a unborn baby in her and they have no idea of how long it has been in there, it was small, she just never fullyu miscarried. but its so crazy i know
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Yeah, she did have to have surgery. They had to go in and remove the babies. Once they did that she went back to having normal periods. And has since had 3 healthy children. Cant you die though from having your falopian tubes blocked? I just dont understand how you can live a generally healthy life while you have two babies stuck in your tubes. It just doesnt make any sense to me. And how can you have this happen and never feel pregnant or test possitive? Hmmm...Im very interested in this.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• i've seen things on TLC where a woman was pregnant for 44 years- the baby died, and she never went to the doctor, it calcified and was basically a rock mummy in her womb for decades- the thought bothers me a bit- I wonder with it being in her tubes-but maybe the babies never grew? if they had her tubes surly would have ruptured.

So I guess I can' give a good answer with this not knowing all the facts, and details.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• have you ever watched "I didnt know I was pregnant" i dont see how a woman doesnt know she is pregnant but it is possable but VERY weird. she was very lucky
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 11:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2009