how much weight can/could your one year old lift?

i feel like kyrie is lifting things that i wouldn't think a baby should be able to lift and carry. i tried looking online to see what a "typical" amount would be, but couldn't find anything. what do/did your lo's lift/carry that amazed you, and how much do you think it weighed?

kyriesmommy13

Asked by kyriesmommy13 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my 1 year old (turned 1 july 10) carries the toy vacuum cleaner around, and can lift the wagon that has the baby lego in it. nothing extraordinary, but i tihnk he's pretty strong.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 10:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• my five pound weights are the heaviest ive ever seen him lift and anything else he can attempt (stroller, wagon, vacuum, heavy pots and pans, the whole coffee machine mops etc) i get really nervous when he tries to weight lift with me so i give him wrist weights instead because if they were to fall on his toes they wouldnt break them ;) but hes a muscle man for sure! 17 months not a yr but hes been doing it for quite some time now
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 10:42 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I was wondering the same thing. My son is a year old and he was lifting and walking around with a box of speakers. Its got to be at least 15 lbs. So if anyone can find out, it would be nice to know.
    ADJsMomma

Answer by ADJsMomma at 9:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2009