obama---

obama---

"....and I think when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody."

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• As our contry turns socialist, yes people will end up sharing their wealth. We will be like Russia where farmers had to grow food for everyone. Guess what happened. Did they want to work for free- heck no. Russia never had enough to eat. So the govt gave each farmer one acre to grow and trade/sell etc. The farmers grew more on that one acre then on all the govt acres. This way though people had food to eat. It has been proven time and time again socialism does not work. The rich do share their money by paying taxes. Plus, look at Gates, Cargnie, etc. Most all of them donate lots of money to charities. So most people do give to the community. I agree people are smarter, have better opportunites, but who wants to work for free. We could still be washing our clothes in streams if someone hadn't invented the washing machine. He did it to make money. One of the main reasons Ben Franklin left England was to have patents.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 11:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• If I remember right, that's not capitalism, and our country is based on capitalism, isn't it?
    Anonymous

• Smart people are able to make more money. But people who don't know as much can't make as much. That is not fair. They should have to share.
    Anonymous

• maybe capitalism ins't best anymore. Why shold the rigch get rigcher?

I want someone to care about me and my needs for once.
    Anonymous

• LOL tell me this is a joke PLEASE? .....if not get off your ass and care for yourself...don't wait and expect everyone else ot take care of your ass.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Smart people are able to make more money. But people who don't know as much can't make as much. That is not fair. They should have to share-------------- Youre kidding right,  why should ANYONE share what they have earned.  

I want someone to care about me and my needs for once. ----- Thats not EVERYONE else's job.  Its yours. 

PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 11:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• But some people have had better opportunities. So even then it is not fair.

They should give back to the community.
    Anonymous

• tnmomofive, it's not a joke, he actually said that. Nevertheless, I think everyone needs to earn and use their own wealth.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• So, I voted for Obama, but this is a point that I agree to an extent and disagree to a further extent. My husband and I make well over $150k, have really shitty health insurance, a bunch of children, and overall a really great life. So, 1. I can afford my life, and my husband and my children have access to extreme opportunities that most don't. 2. I hate that it costs me $350 a pay check, plus $10,000 a year in health care, and it makes saving a bit more difficult.

I have zero problem donating to charity, paying increased taxes (and I do) * and paying for public school. However, after that, I have my own problems and I live in a capitalist society and I am entitled to cover myself. I am happy to pay the AMT tax, I am happy to pay increased taxes because the hubs is going to continue to make great money, but after that - I still have about a $20,000 medical bill per year to pay so back off asking for more
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• *So the country can have health insurance, which will in fact decrease crazy random tax increases.
    Anonymous