is it bad to drink alot of powerade during pregnancy?

im 22 weeks pregnant and for some reason I LOVE powerade I drink 1 bottle everyday or sometimes 2 bottles a day...is it okay?

skin172

Asked by skin172 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• does it have caffiene? if not, i wouldnt worry about it. i dont think two much sugar is great for them, but one bottle a day isnt horrible.i think powerade is good for ya right? its like a sports drink. you should be fine.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Unless you have gestational diabetes, it's probably fine. Powerade has a lot of carbs in it which wouldn't be ideal if you had GD... unfortunately I had to stop drinking my Gatorade because of Gd.... :( Drink a Powerade for me, would ya!!!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 11:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I think it's fine... I had the SAME craving!!!! Now I drink it and wonder what the heck I was thinking... that stuff is terrible!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:45 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I drink powerade too--orange flavored. I was wondering the same thing.
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I usually like the blue as one of my favs but it is least fav right now lol
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2009