Question? Answers please!

Did any of y'all have more bowel movements during the later part of your pregnancy? I'm 33 weeks, and I was really constipated all the time, but now I'm going like 5 times a week, sometimes multiple times a day....

Anyway I go to the Dr on Monday but I was just wondering what your experiences were?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 36 weeks and a couple weeks ago I started to go more often that I usually had. I am on iron medicine 3 times a day at 325mg. That kept me constipated pretty much, but lately I am going more than usual. I dont mind though. I think it may be your body getting prepared for labor.
    fallin4aSOLDIER

Answer by fallin4aSOLDIER at 11:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I was actually the opposite. I had bowel movements alot all the way until the last couple days of the pregnancy, then I was constipated (even a couple hours before I went into labor it took me a long time to have a bowel movement.)
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I'm 31 weeks, almost 32, and I've noticed I'm having more bm's than usual. As a matter of fact my WHOLE pregnancy I was, but it's more now. The weird thing is my obgyn put me on pruvate (iron) and I would have thought I'd be constipated because of it. NOPE. Normally I only go like 3 times a week but I go just about every day or every 2 days now that I'm pregnant. Which is more than usual for me.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 11:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• OP here- I was on 325mgs of Iron 2 times a day but it made me so sick I couldnt eat anything. My iron was only slightly low (by 1%) so I just eat lots of iron rich foods. Hmmm idk I'm gonna ask my dr, not that I'm complaining, the relief is nice!
    Anonymous

• I was constipated in the beginning and I started going back to normal (once a day) about half way through. How far along are you? Maybe there just isn't much room and your body is just getting rid of waste more efficiently. I wouldn't worry about it unless it is diarrhea.
    PeaInMyPod

Answer by PeaInMyPod at 11:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Towards the end of a pregnancy your body will naturally try to clean itself out. Also, the pressure on your bowels is getting greater with the growth and dropping of the baby. THis is totally normal and it happened to me with both of my pregnancies. Hope this helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• OP here- thanks y'all! its such an embarrassing question, but I dont have anyone else to ask! I saw 2 pieces of my mucous plug this week and have felt different and baby has def dropped more! But like I said, I go to the dr on monday so I'll have more info after that visit I suppose!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• OP- I'm 33 weeks, and had diarrhea the other night, but called the dr and they told me not to worry about it too much. the stools are getting loser though..(gross I know)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jul. 19, 2009