Colostrum sp? Question...for breast feeding mommies

Im 23 weeks pregnant now and I have been leaking colostrum all the time. I heard it was kinda early but I am also planning on breastfeeding so I guess I better get used to it. br

Questions are:

when did you start to leak colostrum???

should I massage it out???

If I massage it out will my milk supply come in earlier???

I also heard that rubbing the colostrum could help "toughin" nipples for when baby comes is this true???

Thank You and any thing else I can do pre-baby to help with BF please share wisdom, Im determined to breastfeed no matter how hard it gets but Im always trying to be one step ahead.

Thanx in advance

Dom123123

Asked by Dom123123 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when did you start to leak colostrum??? I never leaked before my son was born... but I would just wear breastpads if it's bad

should I massage it out??? No, I would leave it be

If I massage it out will my milk supply come in earlier??? I don't think so... when the placenta comes out it tells your body to make the milk

Colostrum on your nipples won't toughin them... it helps heal them if the get cracked. And it makes them soft... kind of like lotion

My advice: It's hard BUT if you give it time it gets easier and is very rewarding. Second word of advice... if you are going back to work, don't wait too long to give a bottle... it can be HELL getting a breastfed baby to take one if you wait too long.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:38 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• when did you start to leak colostrum???

I didn't. Ever.

should I massage it out???

No. Leave it.

No.

Nothing toughens nipples...you can massage it in but toughening only happens with actual nursing.

Drop by the Breastfeeding Moms group for tons of info and support.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• i started leaking it about 3 days ago but its increasing
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• weeks not days
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 19, 2009