You'd think I'd remember these things since this is my second pregnancy....

So I noticed a brown discharge today... sorry if this is TMI. I always thought brown discharge was blood... old blood of course, but is it something I should be worried about? I just had a doctor's appt yesterday, then spent three hours later on that night in the L&D with severe abdominal pain (totally different post) that was diagnosed as uterine wall pain... I've had a light yellow discharge for a few days, but today it has turned brown. Should I be concerned? I'm 38wks...

kayla_trinity

Asked by kayla_trinity at 11:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm in my 2nd pregnancy, too and I am "re-discovering" symptoms myself. Don't feel bad. Ok, so the only thing I can think of regarding the brown discharge is maybe it was caused by the exam. I always get a bit of cramping (pregnant or not) after a physical exam and sometimes the probing around can jog some stuff loose. As long as your severe cramping was diagnosed and is no longer happening, I wouldn't worry too much but I would still call the doc and let him/her know. I would ask if it could possibly be your mucus plug. It doesn't always land in the potty! I lost mine a few weeks before I went into labor. As far as the yellowish discharge, that's pretty normal during pregnancy. Not sure if this is any help, but I do wish you the best!
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• OP here...I lost my mucus plug... well, what was left of it yesterday too.... THAT was pretty gross!!!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 12:21 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• LOL. Good times, huh? ;)
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 1:12 AM on Jul. 19, 2009