Is it wrong to pray for financial help?

am having some financial troubles. Nothing too too bad, but, of course very stressful. I am starting a new part time job on Wednesday to help out with the bills, but, I just think it's not going to be enough. It'll help, but, it won't pull us completely out of the hole. Is it wrong of me to ask God for some financial help? I try not to focus so much on money and instead focus on what I have and that I am rich in love, life, & all I have. But, I want to live my life without having to worry all the time about how I'm going to pay off my credit card. Money is so material and I feel guilty praying for material things...especially when there's so many more serious things out there to pray for. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can't say as I'm not Christian however I don't think praying for financial help would work anyways. Instead pray for guidance in ways to improve your finances or guidance in finding things you can sell and part with in order to help make those ends meet. So financial help I dont' see as getting you far, but financial guidance might be just the ticket!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• There's a scripture that says;Our God will provide for all of your needs and Jesus says ; cast all your cares on me and pray always.Just that you got a job in these tough economic times shows that God is with you and with you too without a job but you can thankGod extra for this blessing in your life and ask Him to bless you on the job and make you prosperious,not exactly rich but a good worker and loyal to your company and in time maybe your hours will go up and you can dig yourself out of debt.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 12:33 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• all i can tell you is that the word of God says ask and you should be given, and there is nothing wrong with praying for your finances, the lord knows your heart, go for it!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• No. It is not wrong to pray for finances. God cares for you and He wants to provide for all your needs (not necessarily all your wants--so make sure you are cutting back where you can for now). He might even be using this situation to draw you to Himself. When we can't do it on our own, we realize our need for Him. But pray and wait for Him to answer. Expect Him to take care of your needs. See what doors He opens (employment, etc).

Jesus said, "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" Matthew 6:26

Like you said, it isn't about being materialistic, but even Jesus prayed "give us this day, our daily bread." God wants us to depend on Him for all our needs. And even like the widow and Elijah, maybe His provision for you will be to extend your own resources (her oil didn't run out). May God bless you.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• * KristiS11384: you took the words right out of my mouth, lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:34 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Ask Him for what you need, He already knows! Make sure that you are putting God first in all things, even your finances. Seek His kingdom first and these things will be added unto you. (Matthew 6:25-33)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:26 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• No, it is not wrong for you to ask for financial help or guidance. Jehovah knows what you need in order to support yourself and those in your family whom you're responsible for.

Praying for things like a job, things needed like a car, a home, a mate even doesn't make you a bad person. It's the circumstances in which you're asking them is where it gets merky. Do you have a home and just want a bigger one and there's no need, do you have a car and want a nicer one which you can't really afford at the time cuz your neighbor has one. Those are instances where you need to be happy with what God has given you and say a pray of thanks!
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I do not think that it is wrong. I believe that God delights in prospering his Children.
    Anonymous

• God wants us to come to Him with our needs. It's not wrong to pray for financial aid, but I have noticed in my life that often God's response to such prayers is not money, but opportunities and people. No doubt God can bring money flowing into your life, but God is all about relationships and encouraging us to help each other. There is also the fact that, even now, you don't have to worry about your bills. You just have to do your best and trust in God. I know - it sounds a lot easier than it is. The fact, however, is that as long as you are doing your best, worry is a useless emotion. You can let it go. Focus on your true needs - the basics of food, clothing, life and health - and trust that God will step in whenever your own best efforts are not enough.

Jovaiel

Answer by Jovaiel at 10:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i would say yes SEEK THE KINGDOM FIRST and everything else wolud be added to it.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2009