DD eating less formula? Concern or normal?

Lately my DD is eating less than normal. She rarely finishes a bottle and has been refusing her bedtime bottle. Granted she wakes up early morning for one but she has always done that. She does eat baby food but she has been for awhile now. She goes for her 9 month appt in a week or so (she's 8 months right now) so I'll be asking her doctor. My DD is her same happy self, but im worried. Can she get dehydrated by this?(We live in florida) Is this normal?

MommyLee08

Asked by MommyLee08 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't be too concerned provided she is drinking 18-24 oz a day, don't forget to include the amount of formula you use to make her cereal... that counts too =)
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 1:11 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Could be a bit of a phase...maybe teething. Sometimes while teething they tend to want to drink from a bottle less. Now might be an ideal time to introduce a sippy cup. Not to replace the bottle yet by any means but she may just be ready for something new. Thats what I did and my DD ditched her bottle for the sippy at 10 months. Good Luck!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Thanks Love2BMommy77. I might try that.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:45 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Has she pooped lately? Sometimes our LO did that if he was constipated, then after a poop, he would go back to eating like normal. I'd be sure to bring it up with the doctor.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:13 AM on Jul. 19, 2009