Halo sleep sack

My daughter is almost 5 months old and just about outgrown her sleep positioner. I use blankets on her right now but she does not move because of the positioner so I do not worry about her getting wrapped up in her blankets. So my question is, does anyone use the sleep sacks and do you like them? Do they keep your baby warm?

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 12:36 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We used them with my son until he was about your daughters age. We liked them. We had a few different brands... but look for the kind that zips from the bottom so that if have a diaper change then you can just unzip at the bottom.
    After we stopped using those we just tucked a blanket in at the end of his crib so he couldn't pull it over his face.
    Now I don't worry about it at all (he's 12 months) and he usually kicks everything off anyway. This winter I might put him in a sack again if he seems cold
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:49 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I have a Halo sleep sack but my DD hasn't used it yet because I bought the size for 12 months-18 months (i think) and my DD is only 8 months. But she does have some that were given to me that were bought at Walmart. I love them! Keeps them warm without the worry of the blanket comming off, getting tangled, or covering their heads. She's almost outgrown thoses and she's had them since birth.

I think they are the best thing ever. My only complaint is her feet get cold sometimes.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:39 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I loved them and my lo stayed warmed and snugged. She knew once I put her in it, it was bed time she would get excited. Make sure if you buy one that the material is stretchy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Can she roll over on her own? If so, ditch the positioner. They aren't recommended anyway.

Yes, Halo sacks keep the baby warm. Think of the "Snuggie" you see advertised on TV - the giant blanket robe thing you can wear while sitting around watching TV... same thing.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Yes she has been rolling back to tummy since 3 months but not good at rolling tummy to back (has only done it a handfull of times). I think we might go get a sleep sack tomorrow and ditch the positioner. Thanks everyone for your answers!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:52 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i don't use sleep sacks or positioners i just put my baby in the crib and put the blanket on him and tuck it under his arms and he has never moved enough to get it over his face. as long as the crib sheet fits snugly even if they roll over they won't suffocate. i make sure he's wearing long sleeves so his arms stay warm. i think right now a sleep sack would keep a baby warm since it's summertime but once wintertime comes i will be putting a thick warm blanket on the baby tucked under his arms
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2009