Have you ever been walked in on by your kids?

If so how much did your kid see? How old were they? What did you say to explain to them? Just wondering: me & my SO were in bed, fully clothed, just laying down & kissing, my 2 year old son woke up from his nap, came in the room & hit my SO on the foot & said "I saved you mommy!" Then ran out of the room. It was cute & funny but It certainly could have been akward. lol.

jfblaine

Asked by jfblaine at 12:43 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes and we didn't explain anything. Never over react and make more of it than it is. 2 yr olds have no clue anyway so what's to explain that they would understand? Locking a door is a good idea but if you are only kissing, it's good that kids see kissing and not fighting so all is well.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:47 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Yep we were completely naked in the livingroom (Why? I don't know) dd comes in and we were like "go back to bed sweety we will be there in a minute." Talk about mood killer....lol. She was 3 y/o.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• OMG, my son was 16 and I was on top. We've never mentioned it and he never came busting into our room again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:33 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• My 3 year old has been walking in on us a lot lately. He just stands there until we notice him. We then tell him to go back to bed and we will be there in one minute. He goes off and waits for us.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:30 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Yeap, he asked his question, said "GROSS" and walked out. He was about 10 or 11. My SO and I cracked up laughing, finished and then went and had a talk with my son about KNOCKING and WAITING UNTIL HE IS TOLD TO COME IN. Not sure how much he saw, but he knows to knock and wait now.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2009