how do i keep my son from climbing out of the crib?

He is 19 months old and climbs on every thing i would like to keep him in his crib so i can go to bed also.

Asked by PreciosaG at 3:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They sell crib tents, you can find them at Babies R Us and they prevent your child from climbing out. (It attaches right onto your crib.) Hope that helps!

Answer by taliarosesmommy at 4:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• you can try lowering the mattress. my son started climbing in and out of his crib at 15 mos. he got so good at it i just moved him to a big boy bed.

Answer by anniekelleher at 4:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• A crib tent! My daughter is a huge climber but she can't unzip the tent to get out.

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Or you can transition him to a big boy bed. If you are afraid of him falling, you can put your crib mattress on the ground. My son was only 13 months old when he transitioned and it was really easy for him. He's a climber too! I just had to make sure his room was babyproofed and bought a gate for when he woke up so he wouldn't wander all through the house. :)

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 6:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Try removing the bumper from his crib. He may be using that as leverage. My 19-mo. old daughter does that too and we are transitioning to a toddler bed.

Answer by PrettiPisces22 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My daughter is 19 months old and sleeps in a toddler bed in her own room already so it might be time to upgrade but that's only if he sleeps through the night because u don't want him up roaming the house unsupervised.

Answer by trying2staysane at 12:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2008