Is this enough?

I didn't wanan buy too many newborn size clothes cuz I know she is going to grow out of them quickly..But I just realized I only have like 3 sleepers that are newborn size and then two of the sleep gowns that are for 0-6 months. Should I buy more or just do with what I have, and wash them a lot if I have to? I have a lot of 3 months size stuff....Maybe I could put her in those a little early? I'm due in 4 days - wanan make sure I have everything ready! :) THanx

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 1:52 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The three months stuff is fine. Just roll the sleeves. I always buy my dd the next set of sizes up. She's 8 months nd ive been buying the 9-12 months. It'll last longer.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:55 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• That should be fine for now. Wait untill the baby is born to decide if you will need more. My Dr said my baby would probably be about 6 lbs so I got tons of newborn things.......well, she was 8 lbs 7.2 oz. Needless to say she was not in the newborns for very long. If your baby is smaller get more newboorn things, if your baby is bigger get more of the bigger sizes.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:00 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• that should be good...b/c you never know if ur baby will be bigger then expected..or if ur baby will grow really fast
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• wait til your baby is born. my son never fit newborn clothes at all. you'll have a better idea of what you need when you see how big your baby is. if you buy the bigger stuff you can alway roll sleeves & pantlegs, but the too small stuff won't do you any good.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:06 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I agree with with love2bmommy77. Wait til your baby is born. I thought my baby was going to be big, because I weighed 9 lbs 15 oz and gained 37 lbs during pregnancy. I ended up returning newborn clothes due to my thoughts and he only weighed 6 lbs 5 oz.. So I had to go back and buy newborn clothes. But remember that sometimes the baby's pee & poop comes out of the diaper and onto the clothes, so always have extra clothes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• my son was 5 lbs 4 oz at birth (not preemie) and wore newborn clothes for the first 4 months at least. He grew very slowly, so he has worn every size for a long time. He has tons of clothes simply because we get tired of seeing him in the same stuff all the time since he wears each size so long. I would get a few packs of newborn onesies and a few outfits, but leave the tags on until you know how big your baby is. Then you can return what you don't need.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 3:01 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• My son was 8lb 5oz and wore newborn for quite some time.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:53 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• It sounds like you have plenty so far. I'd wait, the baby can always wear the bigger clothes, but not the stuff that is too small. We didn't get out of the house much the first few weeks, so taking clothes back was a pain. Some stuff that I got that didn't have a receipt, I only got clearance prices for. I always buy bigger clothes, our LO grew constantly. She was wearing 6-9 mos at 4 mos, so the NB, 0-3, 3-6 only lasted a few weeks. Throw in with that the changing of the seasons & I felt like I lived at the store, buying & exchanging clothes. You may have to change them several times a day (spills, accidents, etc) but the washer/dryer was always going those days. LOL!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:21 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I think you should be ok with the newborn clothes that you have, once the baby is born you can decide how much more you need. I had so many clothes different sizes & my son didn't get to wear them because he grew too fast. I'm the type that like to have him in different sleepers or onesies everyday just like to see a variety of clothes on him while he was small, I guess it just depends on what your view are or if you can afford many different types of clothing. I wish you the best of luck with your new little one. Take care!
    ZaviorsMommy

Answer by ZaviorsMommy at 9:49 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I never got newborn size stuff because my babies were big at birth and didn't fit into them.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 12:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2009