Legal immunity for producers of the swine flu virus?

So if mass vaccinations are ordered and people die from the vaccine they can't be held liable?
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=106&sid=1661303

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• "The government takes such steps to encourage drug companies to make vaccines, and it's worked."

It's because no one would manufacture vaccines otherwise. You can still sue, you just get your money from the government, and since they are the ones ordering the mass vaccine, that seems fair enough.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• no. sick isn't it.
    rudreamin

Answer by rudreamin at 4:34 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• That's why I wouldn't get it unless it had been in use for decades...long term research or keep it the hell away from me
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 9:55 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• if a pandemic is announced...which it was....they are no longer held responsible...at all. I read one artcile that said there would be some human wastage to be expected. doesn't that sound just wonderful? My son will not be wastage! In a pandemic the "greater good" is what is considered. We will stay away from everyone when this goes down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Itd be a waste to get it anyway.. just like the regular flu vaccine..

Go ahead, ladies. Let me have it :)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2009