How did you lose your baby weight?

A lot of people say nursing, but not for me. I need ideas. I lost all but 10 lbs with my son and I still need 15 lbs to lose from daughter. She's almost 5 months and it's a lot harder. I am only 25 years old, but I do have a lot of stress going on right now. I can't to the gym, cause I am constantly nursing and I can't really afford it right now anyway. I would love to know what I can do at home and involve my 2 year old and 5 month ol. Any good tips will help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I didn't nurse and lost it all by the 3-4th wk... I cut back on my food intake and only ate when I was actually hungry. No sweets or anything. I had a c section so exercising was out. Otherwise, i don't know!
    I know they say baby yoga, keeping your heart rate up for a while (don't know how long), sit ups, walking everyday for 30 min..... going up and down stairs. They have a few things you can get kids to do with you too but I don't know anymore about that. Otherwise, i'm out of Ideas!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• You can do sit ups with the baby on your chest. Useing the kids as weights is fun for all of you and is great exercise. I used my grand daughter when she was smaller and she just loved it. You cant get out of exercise when they are begging you to do it. lol
    rudreamin

Answer by rudreamin at 4:33 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Do you have a stroller? Go for walks! If you don't have a double stroller, put the 2 year old in the stroller, strap on the 5 month old in a baby pack and start walking. It always put my kids to sleep and it's great for toning the muscles & losing weight.
    Buy a mini trampoline (one of those little round ones) and use it for 20 to 30 minutes a day, maybe even 2 or 3 times a day. Doesn't look like much, but it raises your heartrate (cardio exercise burns calories even after you quit the workout) and works your legs.
    Just stay active and watch your portion sizes on your food. A lot of time we overeat without realizing that we really don't need all that food.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:09 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i cut way back on my food. very small portions every 4 hours or so. lots of cardio and lots of strength training! all this i did at home to no gym. i walked or did boxing on my wii for cardio. and did lunges squats crunches push ups.....it takes a lot of commitment!
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 11:01 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• you have internet so if you have msn you can look up their exercise plans they have exercise Tv you can use as well. They also have a site you can go to its called Spark People there are all kinds of tools on this site to help with groups in your area this site is free and it will give you exercises to do and routines that do not cost money! Good luck oh and my name is PK IM or PM me if you have any questions about the information.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• exercise
    breastfeeding
    healthy eating

Answer by rkoloms at 3:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• My eating habits were always the same while pregnant and when I wasn't pregnant. I didn't really eat any more food and I didn't diet. But after having a baby, I just tried not to eat desserts while nursing and I was so busy with formula making ( I fed a few bottles when not at home) , diaper washing, house cleaning,etc. I burned the calories off with not much effort.
    Anonymous

• I'm 18 weeks post partum and lost all of the baby weight and am STILL losing weight. I'm nursing, plus I started running 4 weeks after she was born. And I drink a lot of water. I'd recommend a jogging stroller and a decent pair of running shoes.
    Anonymous

• I lost a lot of weight from taking acai and colon flush supplements. Also, with trying to fit in regular exercise a few times a week.

My eating habits changed a lot when I began taking acai. It just gave me nice boosts of energy and made me feel satisfied after eating a small meal. I also began to eat healthier which helped a tremendous amount.

You can read my blog here at www.jilliansdietblog.com

Message me if you have any questions. I'll try my best to help!
    jj49

Answer by jj49 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2009