TO SAHM...

Do you do anything to make some extra money for yourself? ( Nails, hair, shopping, etc) If so... what do you do? I am not very crafty or anything like that, but I would like to make some extra money for myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• No I don't do anything I need to but trying to adjust to having 2 kids.
    But I just look for sales and and stuff, I save a whole lot of money for us that way
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:44 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I make custom TuTu's and accessories for babies, toddlers and girls. Nails and hair would be good if you know how. Good luck!
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 2:45 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• make a list of some of the things you love to do./some of the things you do for your children as a short cut & could pass along or help other moms. A new idea came my way the other day...be a garage organizer for garage sales. a mom contracted herself out to other moms in the neighborhood to organize their garage sales for them on a commission basis. She organized,priced, set up & sold the items for the other moms at their house/garage. For 50%. IF she didnt think she would make enough money at one sale, she combines sales(multi-family) & better locations. The stuff she didnt sale from one garage sale she'd move to another location when she contracted out for another neighbor. She eventually set up a consignment store in her own garage. (NOTE: there are city codes/laws you will have to check on before doing this, of course as all businesses goes) Shes having fun and making money... I thought was clever. Good Luck!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 6:43 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I decorate cakes for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. and sell them on an order basis. I also make Disciples Cross necklaces and keychains but that money goes towards into our household account.

I really don't have "my" money and "his" money....it's "our" money. If I need to get my hair done it all comes out of the same account.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:53 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I work at home with a legitimate company. If you are interested in having your own home based business go to www.workathomeunited.com/heathers and fill out the form and your personal mentor which is free will get in contact with you for you to hear all of the details and you can decide if this is something you would like to try out. There's no selling or delivering anything. And its risk free. Check it out.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I sell Tupperware. I make $500+ just about every month. I LOVE IT!!!! I make $100+ for every party I do it's quick and easy and a lot of fun. I also earn bonuses as well as FREE Tupperware!! I really love what I do and I have been doing it for 3 years. I just really have a lot of fun and I LOVE Tupperware so that helps. I suggest finding a product you use in your home or one that you LOVE and try that for an at home business. I make enough to pamper myself with a hair cut, wax, and extra vacation stuff for my family. I have already saved ALL my x-mas money for this year as well as ALL the $$$$ I need to pay for my daughters 10 months in preschool. I LOVE my business and It's getting better in this economy and so I LOVE IT more!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!! my2.tupperware.com/amyroca
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 1:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I sell Avon. Its a great way to make extra money and you don't have to buy an expensive kit (start up is only $20) plus you don't have to carry inventory so there is practically no risk involved. Most of my ladies making several hundred a month just selling to friends and family. If you'd like to give it a try go to www.start.youravon.com and use reference code dhullum
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

•  I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent ideas and resources.  You can check them out in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I started my own at home biz a few months back with 2 little boys running around. So I get to be home, take care of my kids, and earn an income at the same time. I absolutely love it! The comp I work with just recently won an award with the BBB so it is no scam! If interested in getting more info, you can go to my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to help you get going and earn some extra income for yourself! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i do online graphic design and customs(for like myspace and blog sites) it makes me anywhere between $50-$100 a month. i also scope out the free stuff on craigslist, and if i find anything good i get it, clean/fix it, and then resell it at profit.
    Anonymous