Anything I can take for depression during pregnancy? please help.....last resort.

I was on Zoloft before pregnancy but I have been holding out for months and have been...o.k.... but now it seems unbearable. Do I call my doctor ASAP because I dont see him until August 3'rd? Or is there anything I can take, like a vitamin that will help? Im at a last resort. please help.

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 3:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was on Prozac with my second daughter and Effexor ER with my first. I haven't seen any negative effects. I was really worried about meds with my first and the doctor just told me sometimes the benefit outweigh what could be considered risks. She was right. You can't be a good mom or wife when part of you is fighting the depression. Call right away! Well, first thing tomorrow morning, anyway.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 7:59 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Vit B complex. Yes I would call the dr though. Movement is best for depression so go walking or ride a bike or swim. Get as much sunlight as you can (not direct sunlight but open the curtains and let light in).

Answer by admckenzie at 3:11 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Do you have someone you can talk to and trust. I do think you should call your doctor and tell him that you are at your wits end. If you ever just want to vent or chat i am a really good listener. I had really bad depression before i got preggo and then I was ok while for the most part and wow after i had my DD it was out of hand for about 8 weeks. You feel free to look me up anytime.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:17 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• My midwives have me on zoloft and they said its safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:14 AM on Jul. 19, 2009