Why don't churches tip??

I deliver pizza and I receive tips. With the exception on ONE church in my community every church stiffs. And I'm not talking about one or two pizzas. I'm talking about 20-30 pizzas, 3-5 trips to my car, 3-5 trips up and down steps. And I get NOTHING for my trouble, I don't get an 10 % gratuity added to bills over a certain amout, I don't get commision. So why do churches not tip.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I hate bad tippers.. I'll never forget delivering a pizza to this on persons house.. and the stairs being completely covered with snow and ice.. needless to say, I slipped on the stairs.. I saved the pizza and wings.. but ended up breaking my elbow... and rather than ask if I'm okay (they seen me fall). or anything, they paid for their pizza and slammed the door in my face.. No Tip.. I was pissed. I never delivered to a church.. but I know when we delivered to school functions, even though it was an arranged event with our business.. one of the teachers always ended up tipping me an extra $15.00.
    Are they older people.. I know when I waitressed, they can be the worse tippers sometimes.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:11 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• You'll probably have to ask them instead of us.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:19 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I dunno but it seems kind of rude not to. I always tip. And i tip extra because my dh used to be a pizza delivery driver so i know how he felt when he got stiffed.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:29 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• If a church has an arrangement with the pizza business, they probably consider the delivery as part of the arrangement. I really think, though, that even if it was out of my own pocket that I'd help the delivery person unload the pizzas and hand them a tip. They may think that it was included in the price for so many pizzas, or that somebody else took care of it. My suggestion would be to mention it to your manager and let them take it from there. I don't know if the manager would discuss it with the owner and the owner mention it to the pastor... maybe it isn't worth it. Do other businesses who order big orders like that tip you?

Answer by Bmat at 9:16 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i had similar problems with a couple different church groups. i was a waitress at a 50's dinner, and every week there would be a different church group of 20 people in our party room(there was 4 groups, one per week). i use to take their order's, wait on them and cook all their food. they NEVER tipped either. (i was the only one working and they knew that)

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• The probably consider the grace of their presence tip enough. You should feel honored they let you within 10 feet of them.
    Anonymous

• "The probably consider the grace of their presence tip enough. You should feel honored they let you within 10 feet of them. "

honored? for what? being people? That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2009