Final ressults on my religion study sets of questions. What is your thoughts?

To all of you participated Thank you and I greatly appreciate it. This is my perception of the info that I gathered please be open minded and kind if you disagree. Then please explain why? Thank again.
http://www.cafemom.com/answers/250000/Why_do_people_feel_religions_are_all_different_when_truly_in_a_sense_they_are_all_the_same
In the ? above I asked a series of questions and got a ton of answers through both public posts and pm of which I will gladly post if asked and the other party agrees. My 1st ? had to do with their relifion morals, ahat they are told to do and what differences they see in other religions. Surprisingly enough Almost all of them gave the same answer just in different ways. The said tot treat others the way you would be treated, Being kind non judgemental, ext. Their biggest differences were the gods, or lack there of, jesus, and respect. For most they felt this way in different was of verbalizing. s 1

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 3:54 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "I think next time you want to do a "study" you should consider reading the book "Developing Research Questions: A Guide for Social Scientists" so you can do a real study rather than a pretend "study" to confirm your own bias."

I don't think it was biased at all.. she was trying to understand the connections in religions. And when you generalize a religion there are a lot of common elements. Especially since the elements she was looking at, were of morals. She also noted, that it was the majority that answered similarly, not EVERYBODY. It's not like she's doing this for a newspaper to scientific study. She's doing so for her own benefit. And the way it was done, was professional enough for someone doing it for their own benefit. If you didn't like the results anon.. do your own study.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/250093/This_is_the_2nd_part_of_my_study_Which_spiritual_being_s_god_gods_the_holy_ghost_jesus_angels_ex_do_
    In my 2nd part I asked about sriritual beings. Yet again most and similar answer when looking farther into it. They for the most part all believe in certian beings that are good and some bad. They only give praise to the good. In one unique answer some one said they have no god in further pm she related use as humans to god and so on. So in a way it appears almost all believe in some higher power. There seems to be something greater wether it be a being a element or ourselves representing the same that go by different names, but represent the same ideas. S2
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/250628/3rd_part_of_my_religion_question_about_different_religions
    This study was more interesting and alot harder to get full answer and took a lot more extra 1 on 1 conversations. However I got the same results. This was on ways to get to heaven and what your god/god/ and so forth expected. For the majority of people I talked to the have had a higher power or powers, that represented the same thing I have always been taught of god. The biggest question of which I got different answers was on the heaven thing. Of course there were some diff. names and then some that believes life ends. Now the biggest similarity I found was that most believe in reincarnation of some kind. That when we die we will get a new chance. There are verieties on how why and when this occurs, but mostly it does. Then some believe after this it just ends. S3
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:17 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/250649/4th_part_to_my_religious_study
    In this set I questioned on diffrences again to see if different wording would change the perception of the question. To some it did. To most it did not. Some believed in was jesus others god, some was the practices, and than there was the 2nd comming. S4
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:21 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/250707/Part_5_and_final_for_my_religion_study
    The final part of my study more related to the hypocriticalism of some churches. The biggest answer I got were from more of the non christian repling the golden rule! As for the christians it was mainly belief in god & jesus. yet again more of the non christians replied with a no that do not question others beliefs or judge them. Where as more christians said no, but also were saying they have no interest in that person or their belief. Majority of people said they would attend but most likely not participate in another religions ceremony as long as it is appropriate to do so. There were however some who said no way no how. These few were yet again christian. As for learning about other religions I got the same response as the last question. Every one said they follow their religions guidelines to best of their ability. Let it be known these are only
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:32 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• statments based off of participants answers I have no intend of singling any one out, being, rude upsetting, or insulting any one. My conclusion to this study is that yes most religions are way more similar then any one wants to admit and we believe basically the same things just with different names and labels behind them. It is not to make any one feel but to point that these holy wars and hatred, look down on others for their beliefs is what I think is the plot of evil. I any group of people being united is stronger than alone. If the end of the whole were to happen we would be stronger united. If you truly want to make this a better place to live set religion aside and judge on the person not the church he choses. Besides of which (note I am not addressing all) most of the christian responses show they have follen off their own path of rightiousness and spiritual teachings. Where as the none believers seem to be doing what
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:41 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• religion, race, or sex you are. Every thing theses people believe in is the same as as myself or you. So through the titles out the window Look at the kind of person tey are and tell me they are not you!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:43 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• My only thought is "I hope you're not referring to me as the person you PMed who equated god to humans because if so I'm afraid you misunderstood me and would like the chance to clarify..If I wasn't the person then I understand where your findings are going as I have found similar findings in the past from studying the religious texts of varying beliefs along with the religions themselves.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I wish we could... but... as long as there is a book that separates us.. that can never be.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• as I said, and most will say.. we have no problems with sharing ideas of our beliefs... where it starts to get more violent, is when you have something in your religion, that calls another an abomination..

we could forgive for many things... but the book still opens, and people still read, and some take it upon themselves to continue on with the witch hunts... sad, but true.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:33 AM on Jul. 19, 2009