Anyone with a copper IUD (paragard)? Also: Anyone who's had a pap test come back as LSIL?

1st question: I'm starting to question how well I like my copper IUD. Someone had once mentioned to me about copper toxicity, and I have alot of the symptoms. Has anyone had any negative side effects aside from heavy bleeding, and painful cramps? I'm very sensitive to hormones...even my own natural hormones. Is there another form of birth control that's gentle for women like me? My last 3 forms of BC have been IUD's (this is my second...had the first removed b/c of constant pain that was later found to be a uterine polyp, and i've had the mirena which I had removed because the hormones screwed me up), so i'm not aware of what's out there. I do plan on going to the Doc's for this, but wanted to go armed with some possible BC options to discuss.
Also...I have HPV which has led to progressively worse abnormal pap's. Due to a pregnancy, then lack of insurance it's gone untreated for two years. cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Health

• For b/c, I only know one person who is on it, and she loves it! she said her cramps were harder in the begining, but are back to normal and never had any extra bleeding. I was going to go on this next week, but you're making me worry :) As far as other forms of b/c, idk! sorry!!!
    I have HPV which they did a bio on and I'm the step before it becoming cancerous (don't remember what that was called!) I've had an abnormal pap for about 3 yrs now and it hasn't progressed but that is me! Have you researched it online? They do recommend you go in every year, but just go in when you can! If it is cancerous, they caught it early and won't be "deadly". They can remove the cancer in time if they catch it quickly! If you leave it for years, it's dangerous... Hope this helps!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• cont... My county has a free program for pap's and BC, so i'm going to go in and get one. My last was a Low Grade Squamous cell Intraepithelial Lesion (LSIL). Has anyone dealt with this before? I'm terrified that it may have progressed into cancer. Any insight would be helpful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Jul. 19, 2009