Is it okay to only wear your glasses when driving , being on the computer etc?

I've worn glasses since I was 13, at first it was only for reading.

as i got older ive needed them more. its almost like the more i have them on the more my eyes cant function without them. i am now 27 and wear them everyday.. if i were to stop wearing them but only for driving and seeing the computer, and watching tv.. would this be ok? im just sick of them and dont want to deal with contacts, i also dont want to ruin my eyes in the mean time.. it seems like they get better without glasses really.. but is it doing more harm then good?

last time at eye doctors they told me i had a very small cateract but it was too small to remove or do anything with yet..

suggestions?was told last time my eyes were 20/70 ...

i really believe my eyes adjust to seeing alot better then that without them
just never 20/20

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Health

• You do end up needing them all the time if you wear them all the time. Your eyes adjust to the fact that you are wearing them all the time. But as for can you stop wearing them all the time and only wear them under certain conditions, I would talk to your eye dr and see what they say. Not using your glasses properly can make your vision much worse, and I'd hate to see you try to make it better and only make it worse. The dr may tell you it's fine, and in that case, I'd go for it. But especially with having a small cateract, I wouldn't take any chances. I'd get the dr's ok first.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:33 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I don't know... does the doc think you need them all the time? How blind are you without them? I think you should for sure use them for driving. I think if I were in your place I'd try going without them and see if you get headaches or anything. If not, and you're not bumping into things, go for it!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:55 AM on Jul. 19, 2009