I never fancied myself a prude; but I can't do it. Is it prudish or just private?

I, quite often, see sex related questions on cm. Some are very raunchy and rather offensive to the privacy and intimacy of my relationship with my husband. I find that, no matter how popular the question, I won't even attempt to answer. Honestly, I feel as though divulging such private information regarding the relations between my husband and myself is, indeed, a betrayal of the honor of our marriage bed. Does this make me a prude or just a private person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do not think you are a prude. It sounds to me that you value and respect the relationship you and your husband have. You want to protect it and not exploit it. I agree that there are some posts that cross the line and the tone and information is more pornographic than "cute". It is embarassing and sleazy often. You are being mature and admirable,in my opinion.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• A private person. I don't answer them either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• here-here and I'm not a prude either.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 7:30 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• You aren't a prude, you are just private, me on the other hand not so much. If you don't want to answer them then don't. And if you don't want to see them, stay out of groups that ask those kinds of questions.

lilmaiyagirl

Answer by lilmaiyagirl at 7:48 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• And if you don't want to see them, stay out of groups that ask those kinds of questions.--------------

Did you ever stop and think she is talking about the Questions and Answer sections. Especially in the "Just for Fun" section. Where there are questions from HOW big is he, to what's your favorite position.

PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 7:58 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• lilmai is still right, though - if she can tell from the title it's a sex question, she doesn't have to open it. And if she opens one b/c it isn't clear from the title, she can just hit the back button.

To answer the original question, you're not a prude. Some people are very open, some are very private. Nothing wrong with either one.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:03 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• `I agree with several of the ladies...if you dont want to see the questions...stay out of the groups they are in....then you wont have to ask yourself that question...
    lessonlearned

Answer by lessonlearned at 8:15 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i agree if u dont want to know dont open, or just move on. i will read them if its a question that needs help i will try and put my 2 cents in but for things like how big...then i really dont answer but the questions of embarressment have u or has this happen to u i will answer casue i have a few funny ones why not share and i know my dh wouldnt mind because it was funny. besides its not like im gonna walk in to my supermarket and someone will say hey your so and so and you and dh had this embarrising thing happen..lol. but also if i cant answer i dont...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:33 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• OP ~ I can't answer them either. Even some of the less-private ones make my stomach roll, so perhaps I'm the prude...lol.
    Actually, I think it is more of a blessing to keep those parts of a marriage sacred than to be sharing them online. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:52 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• It sounds like you feel you really should be answering them...I don't understand the conflict. I don't answer lots of questions I read for various reason. The sex ones...I sometimes laugh at them because they are meant to be funny as far as I can tell. It is not an obligation....for goodness sake, don't answer any questions you don't want to answer for any reason you don't want to answer them but don't be worrying about them being some kind of threat to your marriage or to marriage in general. They have no effect on you at all....none!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:57 AM on Jul. 19, 2009