Does this seem backwards?

My ex left me another woman. After this was all out and he left the house, it seemed everyone rallied around him. His parents let him live at their house. He now lives at both his parents and girlfriends house. His friends were always inviting him places. Me , on the other hand, barely got a phone call asking how i was. AFter once, noone really bothered. It was like i had some disease. I can proudly say I pretty got much got through this by myself. I know my friends and family have their own lives. But i know i would have been around a lot more. Is this common for the man to get more support than the woman, even though he is the one who had the affair and left me for her>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• It really does seem backwards. I suppose he may have bad-mouthed you or something around his friends and family, but yours should have given you some attention and support.

Answer by Bmat at 9:06 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Now I don't know you so I'm just throwing this out there. Perhaps they weren't all that trilled with you when you two got together and they were silently pulling for your relationship to fail and when it did and he left you they all were happy.

I hate to sound mean but I know for a fact that my ex-husbands family couldn't stand my ass. They thought I was stuck up cuz I came from a family that was better off than they were. So, when we split up, they all went back to treating him like some kind of poor man who'd been scorned when it was he who dogged me and everything. When we divorced I never received a phone call or a visit from no one asking me how I'm doing. I did have a little more support from my family and a few (and I do mean) few friends, so that made it easier to cope with things. It also made it easier when I found a new man and my ex came crawling back and I slammed the door in his face. hahahaha
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I think that you have to expect that his parents are always going to side and favor him no matter how much of an idot dog he really is. That is just the way most parents are. As far as your family: it is a shame that they cannot be more supportive, at least with a phone call here or there. But it happens. So create your own support system. Call them - it is a two way street. Make new friends. Put yourself out there. Join a moms group for single moms - an in person group. Spoil yourself in simple ways. Go through that drive through and get ya an ice creme. Work out to feel strong. Dance. Have fun with your child. Be happy. Nothing worse for an ex to know he left and you are happy, and without any help from him, you are even better. Be better. Show him you are better. Fake it at first and the rest will follow.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:39 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• It seems to imply that you were the problem and they are glad he's out and found someone else. Sorry, not bashing. It was my first thought upon reading your post.
    Anonymous