Dumb question regarding food stamps.

My DH lost his jobs a few weeks ago. We tried to make ago without PA, but unfortunately we can't afford it. Not with 3 kids. I finally got food stamps and was reading the papers that came with it. What is considered qualified food? Is is anything from a grocery store or are there cartain foods that I can or can not but? Like I said, it's stupid. Thanks for any help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• anything you can buy at the grocery store that is not already prepared, (like hot deli items). I think you can use it to buy bakery items (like birthday cake, for example) if you need to.
    mom4aaaa

Answer by mom4aaaa at 9:10 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• You can't buy hot foods from the deli or alcholic beverages. Anything else is fair game.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• anything that is not already "cooked" you can buy meats dairy canned foods,ect.
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• they wouldn't let me buy red bull
    Anonymous

• no alcohol, no energy drinks, and not hot prepared foods...

anon :14-if your hard up enough to need FS then maybe you shouldn't be trying to drink red bull!!!!
    Anonymous