This is TMI, but I have a major problem with my bowels.

I have really large stools that can sometimes take me over an hour to pass and when I do, they rip and tear my anus. I have hemorrhoids constantly because of it. And usually after I have a bowel movement, I am tired and sore and very very weak. I just need some help, because it is getting to be more than I can bear, literally.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Health

• I would like to suggest visiting me for assistance. I work with a wellness company that has wonderful water soluble fiber as well as probiotics on little teeny capsule is equal to 10 cups of yogurt. We have a membership normally $29.00 it is only $1.00. Also I would use a topical lotion that has tea tree oil in its ingredients list. It hurts no doubt but the impaction and the blood flow is something that can be helped by only a few minor changes.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 3:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• What is your diet like? Eating pears daily can help soften them naturally. Otherwise there is a medication you can buy over-the-counter called Miralax. It's gentle and not supposed to cause any kind of cramping.

My 5 year old son has this problem...they're so big that when he flushes, you had BETTER have the plunger in hand! The doctor explained that he's had them comeing out large for such a long time that it's stretching his colon out and he's losing some sensitivity down there. He doesn't feel the urge to go as often and so he doesn't. When he finally gets the urge, they're too big and hurt coming out. The doctor said that we need to keep them soft for awhile to give his colon some time to shrink back to it's normal size so that he gets the urge to go when he's supposed to.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• quaker makes a weight smart oatmeal w/ 4 grams soluble fiber.....my dr put me on it ..i have a packet a day..he said to add rasins or my favorite fruit......its been 3 weeks and im fine,,,,,,i was sooooooooooooooooo sore,,,id bleed right through my pants.... then i did cause a tear ,,along w, the hemerhoids i was a mess.........and nothing spicy!!!! let me know how u are pls...........
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• would a stool softner work for you?
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 5:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• dont buy into anything. you need to go to the dr. stools that large anbe because of major blockage. you sould have a colonoscopy or ultrasound. again dont just try supplements...dr is the way to go and then move on from there. if they were to explode inside you it could kill you.

PLEASE SEE A DR!!!

CoolYourWorld

Answer by CoolYourWorld at 9:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I agree see a doctor! Good luck.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I would recommend a detox and cleanse based on experience. I suffered cronic constipation before I found First Fitness. I went to the Dr and was told to take laxitives, which offered temp results. I tried fiber wafers that locked me up like Fort Knox. I did my first detox as part of a weight loss program and found out how GOOD it feels to have normal regular bowel movements... OMG! I have learned to take a proactive stand to my own health and I am a different person! Check out my group here on CafeMom http://www.cafemom.com/group/42189 Suddenly Slim Moms. Or just go to www.firstfitness.com/2bethin and order Reneu' capsules. They WORK!! PM me if you need any more info.
    SuperNonnie

Answer by SuperNonnie at 10:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Okay I had the same problem-I do have hypothyroid which causes constipation but to stop the large stools I had to go gluten free. It turns out I am gluten sensitive not celiacs. probiotics, fiber, no breads, lots of water, fruit and veggies, stool softners. If you do not think it is gluten you can try Kashi products. They work wonderfully.
    Roxanne0607

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 3:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• As someone else mentioned, you really do need to see your Dr. Not to alarm you but it is better to just make sure everything is up to par. He/she may recommend a stool softner and diet restrictions that could really improve this. Good luck!
    nmwmom

Answer by nmwmom at 11:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• If you haven't gotten help yet contact me--I know of some products that will most likely help you.
    MentorByDesign

Answer by MentorByDesign at 4:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2008