9 Month Old Won't Sleep Anymore

My daughter is 9 months old, & is an excellent baby.. always has been.. with the exception of sleeping. She has never consistently slept through the night. We've had a night here or there, but most nights we're up at least once. The last 2 nights she has been up for hours in the middle of the night. She'll fuss until I go into her room. As soon as she sees me, she perks up & is happy, talkative & wide awake, ready to play.

I took her pacifier away about 5 days ago bc she had a stuffy nose & I felt like that was causing her to wake up several times at night. The first night went very well without it, but her sleeping has gotten worse since then. I do not want to give it back bc I feel like it's been gone too long to change my mind now.

I think she may be getting her molars right now, but bc she's not fussy once she sees me, I don't think it's pain waking her.

I do not want to let her CIO, we've tried & it doesn't work for us

Katie0114

Asked by Katie0114 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you nurse give her bottles at night? When my DD started waking up at night because of being stuffed up, I often had to give her a bottle to get back to sleep. Well, she started waking up out of habit thinking she would get another bottle. Always the same time. So I started giving her water instead of formula and she went right back to sleeping through the night 2 nights later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• whenever my son is cutting teeth he doesn't sleep through the night. it could be her teeth. Cause even if my son is in pain from his teeth once he sees me he's perfectly fine. The only reason i know his teeth hurt is he's biting on everything, so I give a little tylenol, rub orajel on his teeth.... and about 15 min later he's back to sleep
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 19, 2009