My darling neice and her step mother whats your opnion on this?

My neice's mother which is my SIL passed when my neice was 7. The same month her mother passed her father allready had an other women around that actually came to her mothers funeral even though she didnt know her at all. The first time her stepmother talked to her alone she was 7 still and told her about Periods which i think is a little inappropriate. Alot has went on since then, both stepmother and her father have went to jail for domestic violence. My neice doesnt talk to her step mother nor does her step mother try to talk to her. My neice has actaully heard her say to her mother " Its a shame, her dad doesnt love her, her grandmom doesnt love her, no one loves her" Which made me sick. Now we think shes jelous because my neice is well developed, now 16 many boys like her and shes just beautiful and strong emotionally. Her step mother is 5'8 and 100lbs. No eating disorder we think shes bipolar actaully. or an alcholic

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• cont. being that shes a bartender and has a fridge in her room full of liqour. While on vacation and everywhere else my neice isnt allowed to wear a bathing suit to the beach or in the pool or anywhere else you'd wear one. Her father let her buy it, he bought it for her but the second she lifter her tank top to get in the pool the step mother told her father that she should put it on! I dont know whats wrong shes a very sad girl inside but doesnt let that show on the outside. What do you think?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• do her dad and grandma love her? if so, then yes that is a very bitter thing to say. maybe have a talk with your neice and see what SHE wants, then tell your brother.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:36 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I would ask the father if I could take custody of her, she is not in a happy situation and it will harm her self esteem to be hearing what the stepmom is saying. What an evil woman. I would have my niece with me as much as possible so she knows that there is someone that loves her and wants her to have normal teenage experiences. I agree with talking to the niece first and then BOTH of you going to dad to say what she wants and needs. HE is the father and he needs to stand up to stepmom about what he thinks is appropriate for HIS daughter.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• -WELCOME TO LIFE- sadly, believe it or not that is not the worse thing that could happen, if she is really 16yr old? then what? she has 3years left of high school?? if you are truly concerned?? then take your niece... (ask ur niece first-if she wants to come) and if she says yes, then in certian that her father shouldnt have any concerns...
    KalieGirl

Answer by KalieGirl at 1:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• hey the girl is 16 and if she doen't like where she lives and who she lives with let her come live with you she can choose for herself. let her tell her father how she feels and get it off her chest . she has rights and if she doesn't get away from that witch she will very depressed and my develope problems as a adult. she can ask to be amapaed, there are ways to help her , maybe you should talk to her dad and let him know that you are willing to be there far her and give her the love she deserves. i hope you do find a way to help her.
    bamamom2212

Answer by bamamom2212 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Sounds like my kids SOON TO BE EX step mom THANK GOD!! she would never let my daughter wear her bikinni but it was ok her (stepmom) to. It is because of jealousy and an control issue. Your niece needs to talk to her father If hes a real dad he will listen. My kids dad never cared what stepmom said to hurt them. I know she must be feeling bad about herself as my daughter did but even though she is 16 now he probaly wont let her live with you because most likely stepmom will interfere because she is a bitch with problems. I know how you are feeling because I have been through hell seeing the abuse my kids went through but dont really know what to tell you since she lives with her dad. Maybe you and her could go talk to a social worker and they can tell you what actions should be taken GOOD LUCK!!
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 9:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2009