This question is to our regulars.

I kinda already have an idea how most of these responses are going to go but I try not to assume I know everything so I'm just gonna come out and ask it. For those of you who think I'm going anon makes this question below your standards of answering that's fine, I see how most anons are regarded but I'm not asking this with the intent of being snarky; at all. If you don't like answering questions raised by anons without being rude feel free to skip this. If you find yourself answering then please keep an open mind.

I know we're facing frustrating times, more than what anybody in their right mind foresaw for our country. However, every single day people come on here every day yelling at each other in hopes to wake people up to what's going on around here and that is commendable but I was wondering are there times when you're not talking politics or on this site armed with an article in hand? I know many of you enjoy...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think we have some passionate, intelligent woman on both sides of every issue here who are wasting their time and need to put their energy towards something more productive.
    Anonymous

• debating politics and it's fun but are there days when you're home and you choose not to log on simply because nothing but the same 'ol thing is gonna be said and for once you don't want to add to it? I've certainly learned a thing or two from many of you but some of you ladies are on here every single day for what seems to be all times of the day. I know many of you are gonna tell me you multi task, you're kids are in day camp or are teens, you stay in touch with CM while on your blackberry while watching Jr. on the pitcher's mound but it's seems as though that for some you can't wait to jump on here and sit around talking nothing but politics.

I'm really not being rude I'm honestly asking a question. So again if you can't respond without being rude than simply don't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I bounce around different sections here on Answers and I hardly ever see any of the ladies I see here on P&CE. I know you have to have more than just politics to discuss.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I am not sure exactly what your question is? Do you mean how do we have time? Do we always argue? Do we like to discuss politics?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• No, I know many like to heck they love to talk politics I stated that. I even stated that many of you multi-task, jump on blackberries and all so I know where the time comes from. My question is is there every a day where you're home and you find yourself wanting or needing a break from P&CE? Do you talk this much about politics with all of your friends and family? Do you ever find yourself having a conversation without bringing the topic back to politics?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Of course I dont always talk politics here. This is just the main section I go to because it interests me MOST.

And as for your last comment, OP.. Blackberries? Are you assuming that us regulars who "yell at people" are all wealthy or materialistic? Your claim of trying not to sound snarky seems to be backfiring.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I'm on my phone, and not on here nearly as much as I was.

I've already said my piece on the ten or so things that get discussed on a daily basis, it's kind of a waste of time to keep doing it over and over on issues that people already have an opinion about.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:20 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Bexi - dh has a blackberry and I have a sidekick. We aren't rich, he just works for a cell comp.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• First, my kids are young adults now so I don't have them needing mommy to do this and that. I also sell on Ebay so I am at the computer for hours a day anyway.
    I don't necessarlily LOVE talking politics but I think it is important to get the information out that the msm refuses to do. There are many who have no idea what these bills are. For instance I was talking to my 27 yr old son yesterday and mentioned that he might soon be required to buy health ins. He had no idea it might be forced on him. Now that happened at home but who knows that one of those people who read your opinion might not know and have friends who might not know. It does get spread around.
    Some people have more interest in their toddlers or pregnancy and spend alot of time in these areas. Though I love answering all questions, politics is more my interest at this time of my life.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• "Bexi - dh has a blackberry and I have a sidekick. We aren't rich, he just works for a cell comp. "

It was pretty obvious our OP was painting us out to be the "republican stereotype".. JR on the pitcher mound, our children in "day camp"? Really? Haha.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:26 AM on Jul. 19, 2009