What do you think your purpose in this life is?

For some reason this has been bugging me alot recently. What is my purpose here? I am a mother. I knew I'd always be a mother...yet I feel unfulfilled. What do you think your purpose here is for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• to serve the lord and bring others closer to him. And now that Im a mother, my job is to raise my son as a child of God
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Well I look at it from a non-egotistical way that if I wasn't here my actions wouldn't be here to cause the reactions. My purpose is to be a part of life. To parent my children for future generations, grow plants so bugs can live, squash spiders so they don't take over the world and to ask the question "why?". I consider everything I have done, am currently doing and eventually will do to be my reason for being.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I have no greater purpose but to live my life and one day die. I have MADE it my purpose to raise my children to the best of my ability. I have made it my purpose to let my beliefs be known. I have made it my purpose to show compassion to my fellow man and help them out where and when I can. Aside from what I make my purpose out to be I have none. I shall live and I shall die and 500 years from now I'll be forgotten. I am content with this knowledge and being as this is my one and ONLY life I will live it to the best of my ability.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• To serve the Lord God Almighty, the Saviour Jesus Christ, to be a devoted wife to my husband and a good mother to my daughter
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• To love God and my fellow man. To grow closer to Him in love and understanding. To do all that I can out of love for my neighbor, in service of my human brethren. To encourage understanding, compassion, and love.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• There is no purpose, we're just here...and I'm fine with that.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I agree with Kristi and metalcowgirl.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• We are here and were created to communicate with the Lord.
    We are to lead others to the Way which is Jesus.
    We are to raise our children to honor the Creator and fellowship belongs to Him.
    And of course I am here to love my husband and kids..granddaughter, son-in-law and daughter-in-law to pieces...along with all 13 of my dogs.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 12:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• To learn and grow.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I think there are many reasons why we're here and that it's different for each person. But, for the most part, I feel we're here to foster love and compassion, as well as learn.

AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2009