I've never shared the names for my baby because I don't want to see a million of the name... (do u think my kid will get bullied on his/her name?)

but I've been getting told that my son is going to get made fun of because of the name my SO and I have chosen for him. I picked names that were strong and classy and a bit southern (a nod to my roots) and that I felt weren't too common. When I was a kid everyone was Brittany or Jennifer or Heather or Michelle. I have only ever met maybe 3 or 4 ppl with my name (Mallori) and I like that. So I'm finally going to share my names. The girl name I feel will be more common than the boy name.

(I don't know what I'm having which is why we have 2 names incase anyone was wondering)

Boy:
Hunter Christopher Parra-Pearce

Girl:
Charlotte Elizabeth Parra-Pearce

Do you think either of those name would make either get made fun of?

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 11:10 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i loove the name hunter..and charlotte is pretty to..i actually have never met a charlotte.the only one i can think of is charlottes web and charlotte from sex and the city..lol..i think theyre both beautiful names tho..and who cares what other ppl think!! its your child..and now a days i dont think it matters what kinda name you have, someones bound to make fun of it at one point or another..im 26..and i still get people commenting on my name..its AnnaLisa..and theyre always like ohhh like MONA LISA!! and im like nooo..like AnnaLisa..sooo..it doesnt matter!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• If it's not a normal, common name, sure, they could be picked on. Kids can be real a-holes sometimes. In elementry school, I was picked on for my last name a little. Why? IDK. It was stupid. Kids, people in general, can and will find anything and everything to pick on someone about.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• You choose your baby's name based on what YOU want, not based on what other people think is appropriate. You should listen less to the people around you and more to your heart.

I don't think either of those names will induce teasing but you never know with kids. I think you should go with what you've picked. They're cool names.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I dont think either of them will get made fun of!! They are gorgeous and uncommon (but not unaccepted names) I personally love the name hunter.
    Joshiesxmama

Answer by Joshiesxmama at 11:14 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i like both of the names. i almost named my daughter charlotte grace :) the names you have picked arent off the wall.. so i dont think they would be made fun of or picked on.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 11:19 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Agree with Madge.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I know 2 Charlotte's and a Hunter so I don't think you'll have a problem!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i don't think they'll get made fun of, plus you've made it possible that your son could go by Chris is he wants... and your daughter could go by lizzie. I think their ADORABLE names! We named our son zachery Lyn and he's only 8 months and already getting grief for having lyn as a middle name (it's his daddy's middle name). But then again my husbands name is Stacy lyn...
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Those are very nice names. I wouldn't worry about kids teasing your kids for odd names unless you name them Lemon of Computer. Other children will always be able to find something to tease other kids about no matter what their names are.

My favourite girls names are: Kathryn Anne and Lorelai Jane
    My favourite boys name is: Charles James
    Noworktodo

Answer by Noworktodo at 12:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• No, I don't think they will get made fun of at all. Also, I think Hunter is a very common name. Charlotte on the other hand, not so common.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2009